Looking for an old friend

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Any hints, dude?

Gee, like there are 8+ million folks here. What does he/she do? Where are they from?

I have an aunt in Los Angeles, maybe you know her ???

HB

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Best of luck finding your friends.

True story -
I was on the plane with my family in 2001 going down to the DR to introduce them to my second patria. I even planned to meet Hillbilly in person. We couldn't sit together on the plane, and my son didn't want to sit next to a stranger, so I did. He was a Dominican salesman, he knew the twin daughters of our neighbor in Santiago. They lived in Sto. Dgo... He sold cellophane, if I remember correctly, to tabacaleras. How curioso I told him. I'm going to meet my friend. He's in tobacco. He's in Santiago. How strange. Maybe I know him. Well, he goes by Hillbilly...
Oh yeah! He is my customer. I go to his house every Thursday for lunch. What the?
Wanna talk about coincidences? We met Hillbilly on Thursday, July 4, 2001. We had sancocho for lunch, and sure enough, the man from the seat next to me on the plane - was present. That was just one of the many coincidences.
The "litany of the 'yo conozcos' " is very long, friends.
Maybe I know your aunt in Los Angeles, HB. Eight million plus, it happens!
mk
Perhaps that great salesman can find my long lost friend through the "twins." You just don't know.