las terrenas

oko30

Jul 31, 2003
Hi,

I'm planning to go to Las Terrenas in 10 days. Could someone tell me which bus i can take to go to Sanchez from Santiago, and via which route.

Thanks!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There are a couple of private buses that go daily between Sanchez/Samana and Santiago, but no Caribe Tour or Metro bus makes this run. For then you would first have to to to Santo Domingo. The bus I am most familiar with leaves Santiago around 1pm and gets to Sanchez around 4 or so. Do you want info on this bus?

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
(KEN; this way is a nightmare)

the best to do is...

you can take a public bus (Guagua) (Toyota, Mitsibushi) the litlle busses everybody knows with buses.

Take this bus to Sanchez (Saman?) and stop at Sanchez (if it goes to Saman? you say STOP at parada a las terrenas

then you get a pick-up to Las Terrenas

Recommended to leave in the morning from Santiago

Because their is no Guagua (Pickup) at Parada a Las Terrenas (from 7PM or 8PM)

i will contact a correspondent at Santiago to ask the bus station and the scheduled times.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What is a nightmare, Samana1? We are talking about the same thing. Did you even understand what I was talking about?

oko30, what you want is the bus run by Transporte Pepe. It goes daily, 7 days a week, between Samana and Santiago. It departs from Santiago at 1:15pm. The departure point is in Aries Taxi on the corner of Pedro Francisco Bon? and Lili. You can check with them in Santiago by calling 582-2134 and 582-5709. This is a direct bus, meaning it doesn't stop along the road to pick up passengers going a short way like the guaguas do. Tell the driver you want to go to Las Terrenas from Sanchez. He will leave you where you can get a ride to Las Terrenas.

Have a good trip.

oko30

Jul 31, 2003
Thanks for the information guys. It was helpful.

However, after consulting with my travel partner, we came up with this plan: My plane lands in Santiago at 2:30pm. May be that same day i could catch a metro or caribe bus to Puerto Plata, spend the night there and the following morning take the 7am caribe tour bus to Samana (and stop along the way in Sanchez?).
Would i need reservations in advance to do this? (and how do i go about it from the US?), i heard there is only one samana bus per day. I guess it gets crowded easily.

Thanks again!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, you could take a Caribe Tour bus from Santiago to Puerto Plata. One leaves hourly until early evening. The bus also goes to Sosua, so you could stay there if you wished. It might be easier to get a room for the night in Sosua than in Puerto Plata. The Caribe Tour bus for Samana leaves Sosua at 7:30. Don't worry about the bus being full. That isn't the case. Get off in Sanchez, and there should be a vehicle for Las Terrenas waiting. It will be a van or a pickup truck.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
oko

Im happy you will visit Las Terrenas

I hope you will take pictures to publice ypur pictures here on the web.

I see you will fly American Airlines second flight to land at STI Airport around 2:30PM, the better way was to fly into Santo Domingo in the morning flight of American Airlines you arrive some 11 AM at SDQ and then you go to the capital, take a cap to Busstation for Samana/LasTerrenas

there is around 1.00PM a Bus (SamanaTours/Transporte Las Terrenas) goes directly to the heart of LasTerrenas.

But so this was a very cheaper way and convinience.

but i'm happy you will come visit Las Terrenas

Have a nice vacation/stay in LasTerrenas/Dom Rep.

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
should i start a new thread?

This should probably be a new thread, but you seem to know what you are talking about...
I want to pre plan my transport too. The above info is what i need to know, except for a different set of locations.

I'm guessing that I could go to the bus station, listed in the guide book, and start asking. Is that right?

I need to go from the SDQ airport, past STDGO to the Los Alcorrizos area. My guide book recommends a motroconche, then a guagua, then a bus, but i think not. Atleast not the motorconche. I would prefer a guaguas and / or bus solution. Because, if a taxi costs rd$500 from SDQ to STDGO, it will be a lot.

Thanks, k

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Kay, your best chance of getting help is to start a new thread that is specific to your destination. Nobody is going to look at this one unless interested in Las Terrenas, and it has already run its course.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
You can take a cab from SDQ to caribe tours stop. Take a bus to santiago, or sosua but just have them drop you off at the entrance to Los Alcarrizos. There you will need to find a taxi. If you do not speak spanish and are not into adventure, pay for a taxi from SDQ directly to whereever you are headed.