Rent and apartment

J

Jess

My wife and I are planning to move to the DR for 1 yr. as volunteers. How much do decent apartments go for in the City and in smaller towns? When I say decent, I mean just a normal size and clean.

J

jon

I just rented a nice house in Santo Domingo for rd. 10,000 a month with 3 br ocean view and service

D

DR One

You can get a two-bedroom apartment for about RD$7,000 in a good city neighborhood. I suggest you order the Living in Santo Domingo book which is packed with time and money-saving advice for new residents.

P

Phyllis

DR One, Does the Living in Santo Domingo book only talk Santo Domingo? I would like to learn about living in Puerto Plata... Thanks!

D

DR One

It gives a general overview about living in the Dominican Republic, about 25% concentrates on Santo Domingo. Even if you will be moving to Puerto Plata it will be valuable. Also, you probably will need to come into Santo Domingo (the big city). See the index of the book for a better idea of the chapters.

C

Claudia

I rent an apartment in a really nice area, close to everything for RD$8,000.00. Three bedrooms, 2 bath., with lots of room. You can find them for less money in other nice areas, you only have to look around and ask a lot.

Also, my uncle lives in Santiago, and he rents a very nice size house in a real good area for RD$5,000.00. In small towns and smaller cities it's going to cost less. Not in places like Puerto Plata, because there are many tourists around that area. It's more expensive to live in places like that.