Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were all the Venues Finished in Time?

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Were all the Venues Finished in Time?

I haven't read anywhere -- including in today's DR1 News -- whether all the PanAm Games venues actually were completed in time. This was a big concern just two weeks ago when I was in SD. Now that the games are officially open, are there any venues not yet completed, and if so, which ones?
    Thanks!
    Keith

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They all done and open even the Frita-Longa's vendors are in place.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking frita longa?

Sounds like a long fry. What is it really?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by ERICKXSON
    They all done and open...
    And who told you this?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like you were not very well informed, or you were misinformed. check again please.

Regards,

Jorge

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Eric,
    I have to wonder about your blanket statement -- misinformed, or just wishful thinking? Are you in SD, and have visited all the facilities (actually, several of the venues are outside SD)? I have heard from a reliable source that's been checking on the facilities that several of the facilities have problems due to last-minute rush jobs. Just wanted to know if anyone can confirm that, either through trustworhy media reports, or from firsthand observation.
    Regards,
    Keith

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well guys i happen to pass by the parque del este and other places which i don't know their location everything i saw was finish as for small details i have no idea i didn't built the structures, sorry but i had no time to be looking for little mistakes to complain about, i really saw the effort that was put into these games by Hippo and his clowns.

Erick
    Last edited by ERICKXSON; 08-04-2003 at 03:47 PM.

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Erick, one of my cousins drove me around those same Parque del Este sites just three weeks ago, and many parts of looked nowhere near finished at that time, so it made me wonder how some of it would be finished in time (i.e., were there any important corners cut?). And just 10 days ago I saw beam welding being done at the Olympic Center at night with very little lighting -- again, something that makes you go "ummmm"? I'm not talking about "small details," nor "just looking for little mistakes to complain about."
    Regards,
    Keith

ditz
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that you could hear the construction going on while the opening ceremonies were taking place!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

mrs, keith the only major thing i saw that was not finish were the park roads, but i saw over 200 people working on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast