Were all the Venues Finished in Time?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I haven't read anywhere -- including in today's DR1 News -- whether all the PanAm Games venues actually were completed in time. This was a big concern just two weeks ago when I was in SD. Now that the games are officially open, are there any venues not yet completed, and if so, which ones?
Thanks!
Keith

jorge_33

May 27, 2003
It looks like you were not very well informed, or you were misinformed. check again please.

Regards,

Jorge

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Eric,
I have to wonder about your blanket statement -- misinformed, or just wishful thinking? Are you in SD, and have visited all the facilities (actually, several of the venues are outside SD)? I have heard from a reliable source that's been checking on the facilities that several of the facilities have problems due to last-minute rush jobs. Just wanted to know if anyone can confirm that, either through trustworhy media reports, or from firsthand observation.
Regards,
Keith

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Well guys i happen to pass by the parque del este and other places which i don't know their location everything i saw was finish as for small details i have no idea i didn't built the structures, sorry but i had no time to be looking for little mistakes to complain about, i really saw the effort that was put into these games by Hippo and his clowns.

Erick

Last edited:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Well, Erick, one of my cousins drove me around those same Parque del Este sites just three weeks ago, and many parts of looked nowhere near finished at that time, so it made me wonder how some of it would be finished in time (i.e., were there any important corners cut?). And just 10 days ago I saw beam welding being done at the Olympic Center at night with very little lighting -- again, something that makes you go "ummmm"? I'm not talking about "small details," nor "just looking for little mistakes to complain about."
Regards,
Keith

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I heard that you could hear the construction going on while the opening ceremonies were taking place!

jorge_33

May 27, 2003
Well, when you say "They all done and open..." I assumed that every single detail is completed for this kind of event.
I assure you there was a last minute improvisation in the venues, including work being done while the athletes were in location. They forgot one small detail, the b-up generators in the pressroom. No electricity, no Internet, no communication and no AC... "That was just great" the heat was killing the poor reporters. In the other hand, some of the events were moved to a differnt time and a hokey game was delayed by one hour due to field conditions.... but again the games are on, and I have no complaints about it.

Regards,

Jorge