Jewellery Distributors/Salespersons

norman

Apr 10, 2003
www.muskokaweddings.com
I am considering importing successful lines of tourist jewellery into the Dr. I am looking for regional distributors and or sales persons to carry the lines. We would drop ship from China repackage then wholesale out. Does anyone know of of any companies or salespersons that could sell or distribute for us there? Any info would be appriciated. Thanks Norm

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My two cents.

What kind of jewellery?
I would rather buy jewellery from the country I visit made by people that live there rather than something that is mass produced .

Like I said only my two cents.

norman

Apr 10, 2003
www.muskokaweddings.com
Anna Coniglio said:
My two cents.

What kind of jewellery?
I would rather buy jewellery from the country I visit made by people that live there rather than something that is mass produced .

Like I said only my two cents.

Yes that's true Anna, but the lines already sell in the tourist areas in other countries , so it's only a matter of setting up a sales/distributor force. I'ts an impuse purchase and they either like it and buy it or not. Did you ever notice that alot of the costume jewellery sold to touristsin the DR is very similar , maybe made by the same people or companies.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I certainly noticed on this last trip how many jewelry, clothes and souvenir items sold in the DR looked remarkably like thos I often saw in Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela etc., but just with the name changed. But that just made me more determined not to buy that stuff and look for things that were obviously local.
Regards,
Keith

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
There are already companies that distribute local and imported fashion jewelry. While the locally-made merchandise may appeal more to the tourist, the Asian stuff (less $$) appeals to the actual locals, who do also comprise part of the market.

Two distributors in Sto Dgo: Distribuidora Sun-Kini, Maria Palito

norman

Apr 10, 2003
www.muskokaweddings.com
Jane J. said:
There are already companies that distribute local and imported fashion jewelry. While the locally-made merchandise may appeal more to the tourist, the Asian stuff (less $$) appeals to the actual locals, who do also comprise part of the market.

Two distributors in Sto Dgo: Distribuidora Sun-Kini, Maria Palito
Thanks alot Jane J. That's really helpful. Norm

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I've been trying to figure out a way to distribute the jewelry I am making here.
Its not an easy market when you start out small.
I was shocked when some of my native american jewelry sold here.
So there is a market for things from other countries for sure. You just have to make the prices right.