I'm ashamed every time the HIPPO speaks

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
It seems that everytime I see the Hippo on tv he gives a bad name to the country as a whole. I'm ashame everytime this guy is on tv and says things that I never heard any public office holder say before. He sounds like a total jacka$$. The last one where he says that the instruction that had been giving on how to deal with the protesters is, "que les den lena," is a beauty! How can a statesman use such street words (not to mention that he is talking about citizens as if they were animals). I know it basically means to beat the citizens if necessary but it's a word that a drug dealer would use or un 'tiguere' but a president? It's a danm shame!!

Last edited:

FRANKY R

Jul 11, 2003
that makes two of us

honey I feel just the same way you do hippo is a disgrace even when he's not talking.

but what embarrasse me the most is that people in dr. seem to ignore everything that he says in a way that they take it as a joke, ignoring that their president is " un come yerba "

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]DR_DEFENDER[/B] said:
The last one where he says that the instruction that had been giving on how to deal with the protesters is, "que les den lena," is a beauty!
That sounds cromulent to me.

I think that you misunderstimate Hipolito. ;)

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Well, the country in their collective wisdom elected him-- and everyone agrees that the election was a fair one-- So... Dominicans made their bed, now they need to lie on it.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Pib,

What exactly do you mean when you say that I underestimate the Hippo? Is there something that you know that I don't?

Another thing that I wanted to point out is that if I was Fernandez I would be speaking about this out loud and informing the people that this is a disrespectful way to deal with it's citizens. Even though I think that if people don't know by now and vote for someone else next year then there really isn't any point in going to such lenghts. Well, let's just wait and see.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
FRANKY R said:
but what embarrasse me the most is that people in dr. seem to ignore everything that he says in a way that they take it as a joke, ignoring that their president is " un come yerba "

I agree. But you have to understand that these are simple, uneducated people. Is not a matter of ignoring Hippo's behaviour, is that they don't know any better.

Apr 26, 2002
Re: Re: I'm ashamed every time the HIPPO speaks

Pib said:
That sounds cromulent to me.

I think that you misunderstimate Hipolito. ;)

Wha, huh? Pib, I didn't know you were related to Lisa Simpson.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
OK This'll Date Me But ...

Not Lisa Simpson. More like the Bowry Boys.

Good one Pib! I was totaletely mesmercated by your cogitent explicafication of our Presidente's tendalection to pontifispeak.

Tom (aka XR)

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
DR_DEFENDER said:
It seems that everytime I see the Hippo on tv he gives a bad name to the country as a whole. I'm ashame everytime this guy is on tv and says things that I never heard any public office holder say before. He sounds like a total jacka$$.

but it's a word that a drug dealer would use or un 'tiguere' but a president? It's a danm shame!!

What do you expect. The PRD is the party of the Chopos. He was elected by Chopos. He needs Chopos to support him. How do you relate to Chopos? Why you talk like a Chopo!

Just insert populists in place of the word Chopo for all you politically correct types.

Tony C.

FRANKY R

Jul 11, 2003
chopo?

what do you mean by "chopo"
whatever that is they are still running the country and everyone has to do as they say (prd). so I don't think that being "chopo" is such a bad thing after all. ah? I just figured I'd let you know.

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
Dominican people are not ignorant to the situation which really hit them the most,they are just scared!.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
NINO said:
Dominican people are not ignorant to the situation which really hit them the most,they are just scared!.

Since the 70's I have heard Dominicans talking about how bad things are economically. They constantly complain about the Gov no matter who is in power yet they go and vote for the same idiots.

Are they Ignorant? Some are.

Are they Scared? Only the Radical Tire burners.

Are they just plain stupid? That is open to debate.

Are they selfish and self-centered so that they only vote for who gives them the most gifts and jobs through gov. handouts?

YES

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
oh ,no another one....

Well, lately dominicans are being heavily attacked....poor dominicans....there is another thread were many people have stated that dominicans are uneducated...so...so and blah, blah, blah.....

There would be a lot of anothers subjects....please!

Let?s talk about economics...bussines....blondies...bikinis ....and whatever you want ,but please we dominicans had a lot of problems ....we all know ...please don?t add insult to injury...let?s dominicans alone....please:mad:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Calamardoazul,
With all due respect, Hipolito insults everyone's intelligence every time he opens his mouth. He injures his country's image and his government's credibility every time he speaks. He is his own worst enemy, and he's probably his government's greatest liability (although I'm not sure about that -- there are many contenders for that title in this government).

And it's the "don't worry, be happy" attitude of many that allows him to get away with it.

Keith

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: oh ,no another one....

calamardoazul said:
Let?s talk about economics... bussines .... blondies... bikinis .... and whatever you want, but please we dominicans had a lot of problems .... we all know ... please don?t add insult to injury... let?s dominicans alone.... please :mad:

Which one of the three are you? 'HEAR no evil', 'SEE no evil', or 'SPEAK no evil? Yep. If we just stick our heads in the sand maybe when we pull 'em out it will all have solved itself.

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
Great!!!

Well, thanks for sharing your concern....but , I'm not a "don?t worry-be-happy-man" . I don?t like Hipo, but What can you do..? blame dominicans...., please!!. We have to wait ?till election day to kick him out.;)

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
talking about monkies.....

Well...I think i?m not neither of them.....

If fact , I enjoy all your posting ....so get on.....is music to my erars!!:cool:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
What can you do? Call for his resignation. Or at least convince him to pull out of the running for the PRD nomination.

My worry is, despite all he's done, is that the voters won't kick him out in 2004, but rather will re-elect him.

I don't think the DR can take another four years of this, no matter how much sand, bachata, rum, dominos, Presidentes and pretty women there are....

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Personally

I'd rather be talking about the beautiful women than Hippospeak, too. But everytime I get around to it there he is again! But, whaddo I know. "La gente sabe naaaaaahhh!"

:: wink ::

Where's Larry and AZB when you need them?