Trip reoprt- Part 2

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Day #2-Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Waking up early and excited to explore new horizons. Its 9 am, quick shower and off to breakfast. Then I go to guest services so I can book some excursions around Puerto Plata. The very nice gal @ the desk informs me I have to book thru my representative. I kindly reply I do not have one. But, she corrects me and asks which airline I flew. Apparently, most of the airlines have contracts with the travel groups. I responded I have no contract but will try to meet with my representative from Preito tours. Of course he is not around. Long story short, it took three trips to the guest services desk and 2 ? hours later before I met with my tour representative. I booked 1 tour with him. The Dominican Safari for $45, half safari trip and half trip to the falls for Friday. The waterfalls are a must do for anyone adventurous or even just a little athletic. Not recommended for the serious couch potatoes!
I will post pictures on other website later on. Please be patient and on the lookout for the link on separate thread.

Now, I go back to the pool to get more sun (please be careful of the Sun, I am from South Florida and know how strong the sun can be. It is stronger in the DR. do not be fooled by that tropical breeze, use 30 SPF in the beginning of the week and then if you can handle it go to the 15 SPF. Protect yourself and do not ruin your vacation. Also, drink plenty of water to keep hydrated)

I met Dave the dive instructor around the activities area. He is an English chap and will answer any questions about excursions out in the ocean. I chose the Catamaran tour with Freestyle Tours. Remember this name, important. I booked for the next day, Thursday!

I check the time and realize I now must get my golf clubs and get ready for Bushbaby to pick me up @ 2:15 PM. I grab a couple of presidentes to help me relax for my round of golf @ Playa Dorado. Bushbaby shows up right on time and is very hospitable. I feel right at home like I was with my buddies. Bush was quite the negotiator and humorous in the Proshop. We pay our green fees and I pay for a caddy and we?re off. Out of the box cold. The course is very enjoyable and the caddy was awesome. He learned our games very quickly and was always one step ahead. The course was very enjoyable as we wound thru the Playa Dorado complex, beautiful scenery and ocean views. This was the first time I ever saw chickens running wild on a golf course, I have seen many different animals on the course before but never chickens! We finish our round only too quickly, have a beer at the bar and head back to the resort. We make plans to play Playa Grande on Sunday morning. Great!! Bushbaby takes me by a calmado to pick up a six pack of presidentes and some cokes for the room. He also takes me by a cambio to change my dollars for pesos. Importante: My resort only gave 30-1, the real exchange is 35-1 @this time. Change your dollars where you get the best rate! I will expand more on this later.

We go back to my resort and I gratefully thank him. By the way, anyone coming down to POP, Bushbaby would graciously accept a pouch of pipe tobacco. Hard to find in POP. So bring down a bag of the sweet smelly stuff. He?ll appreciate it!!

I go to my room to recoup and relax before dinner. I shower and go to dinner @ about 9 PM and mingle and socialize with the other guests. I end up eating with some wonderful folks from Guadalupe. Conversation was limited as I practiced my Spanish for the trip not my French. Go figure! After dinner I watch the show which was very entertaining. I hang out at the bar in the theatre because I am single. I am approached by one of the chocolate friend ladies. We talk a bit and she invites me up to the disco after the show. So off I go where I meet many people. Lots of New Yorkers and English chaps. My chocolate chica was very nice and polite. She had to work early the next day and said good night. I should have followed the cue but I stayed and partied till about 3AM. I then headed towards my room but decided to have a late snack. A slice of pizza and a cheeseburger, oh yea tastes great after partying. I then head to the room for sleep because of my early catamaran trip in the AM.

Still getting the feel, tomorrow is when the real party starts. I think I may have to leave some parts out to protect the innocent! Stay tuned!

Chris
:cool:

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Love it! - Keep posting!

BTW - i forgot where Playa Grande is - how many miles from POP? and Playa Dorado is in POP - right?

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
BTW - I forgot

The caddy's name was Roberto at Playa Dorado. He is a excellent caddie. When he found out I was single and never married he asked if I would be interested in his sister, who is a student at the University in Santiago and 21 yrs old. I asked if he had a picture, he didn't, but showed me a picture of his 18 yr old sister. Very pretty girl but too young for me. Now, the 21 yr old could be a different story.

Jan, Playa Dorado is in Puerto Plata and Playa Grande is about an hour and ten minute drive east of my resort @ Costa Dorado. I'll descibe the drive in later report.

(Busbaby, you can jump in anytime and correct me if I get any details incorrect)

Day three will be posted later this evening and I'll also try to get some pictures posted to keep up with the trip report.

Cya soon! Chris

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
No need for me to jump in - you are doing admirably without my intervention!!! Just remember to tell everyone how GOD looks after you when you describe the trip to Playa Grande - Into the car at Costa Dorada, rain starts within 10 minutes. 5 minutes from the Golf Course at Playa Grande - rain stops!!! 3 1/2 hours round golf course no rain but 10 minutes after finishing ....,. it starts up again!! And don't forget that meal at Cabarete!!!! - Grahame.

Edited by me 00.06 to get rid of stupid spelling mistakes!!

Last edited:

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
God lloking out for me- Clean Living

Oh Bushbaby,
I will not leave out those details. But that is a few reports later. I have Thusdays',Fridays, And Saturdays' to post first.

I'll have to change the names to protect the innocent.....and the guilty parties!!

:bunny: :laugh: