Please, be careful with your machines these days and the new two viruses:

W32.Blaster.Worm
    LOVE YOU SAN (LovSAN)

For more info http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

HTH

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the damn virus yesterday. ****
    I had to restore my disk to sunday's setting on windows xp. then I downloaded the patches (critical updates) and updated my windows. Then I also updated my anti virus. By restoring the windows to sunday's setting I whiped out the worm then I deleted all my restore points by unchecking the restore system I used my anti-virus to check my disk. I am all set. thanks god.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default me too ...

I got it too ... apparently MS new about the loop-hope in its Windows XP program and it did nothing to correct it. It wasn't possible to load the patches once I got the virus because the computer wouldn't stay on long enough ... to access the Inet.

Put me out $80.00 ... anyone know about sueing MS

IB formerly MNS

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Attention Windows Users with Virus

I don't know if I've picked up a virus or not, but I spent the entire day yesterday trying to log onto Codetel and kept being denied access. Late last night, I started getting the message that my username/password was invalid!
    I called today and was told that I was logged on for the past 14 hours! I woke them up by telling them(Codetel) that was impossible since I couldn't log on in the first place, and in the second place I was using the computer line to talk to them.
    They broke into the connection and bumped whoever off line, told me to try again, which I did and got on. Later, the same thing started happening again--my not being able to log on. The message this time was that the server wasn't responding.
    Personally, I think that out-of-town calls to the server are being denied because all the lines are being used by the Sports reporters to send their filings in to their papers and Codetel is telling regulars to GFT untis the games are over.
    Or, am I being unfair and paranoid???

Comments???

Texas Bill

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Texas Bill, someone has hacked your login name and password to internet and logging in from another location. Call codetel and change your password. Use a good firewall to protect people from hijacking your pc.

Island breeze, read my previous post to see how I got rid of the virus from restoring my pc to another date (sunday) and then deleting all the restore points to kill anything that could be residing in the restore data. This is a very good xp function and saves your alot of headaches.
    Good luck.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: me too ...

Originally posted by islandbreeze
    ... anyone know about sueing MS...
    in all fairness to Microsoft, a security bulletin was released on July 16/03 warning of its existence along with a details on how to download a patch to prevent the worm.

mob

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Symantec (Norton)

My live update with Norton Anti Virus caught the worm, before it infected my computer.
    Did the patch from Microsoft and downloader the balster fix from Symantec to see if if was in computer, clean thanks to the Norton Live Update.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am lucky, I use ME which is immune, so far.

The Microsoft 2003 Server, the XT(?) and NT and PRofessional are able to be infected.

There is a good place to get protection (McAfee or Norton, on line.

HB, looking for a good web site with info on this...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Norton doesn't catch it

HB ..... apparently the only anti-virus software to catch it is AVG made by a "Chek" company. According to Wud's post it appears that Norton updated its system after the bug got out .. anyways I found the best place to read about it was the English North American papers ... they estimate that over 100,000 computers were infected and it will take about another week for the bug to run its course ...you can try CNN on line

AZB ... unfortunately I am not a tech savvy like you ... as you know my specialties are in OTHER areas .... I haven't seen you in the chats lately ... I must be going to bed too soon

IB formerly NMS
    still suffering from mutiply identy disordrer
    Last edited by islandbreeze; 08-14-2003 at 11:15 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that a good firewall is needed to stop it - such as Zone Alarm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast