Well, I found a place to live...

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
After a month of searching, I have found a place where I am satisfied with and I do not feel like I am being robbed.

I have took in everyones advice... THANK YOU... and I have finally found a 2br/2ba home w/ a pool in Casa Linda. It is $850 + elec. Some people have told me that is too expensive, but quite frankly that seems to be the going rate for a gated community with a pool. I have contacted a dozen realtors, saw 12 houses and I like this one the best.

I still have a few people (thanks to XR and some others on this board) that are looking at other properties... one person has something for me in Cabarete for a little less, but it only has one bath and no pool :( they are trying to arrange a visit for me .. so it is not in stone, I am still exploring opportunities, BUT I have at least found one I am happy with.

This one only has a stove top, which is upsetting... because I am a big cook... and I was hoping to invite many of you over for my Lasagna or London Broil... and without an oven I do not think I am going to be able to. Unless JanH hurries up back from Kentucky so her and I can hit Santiago for something that will do the trick.

This house does not have a/c... but my father in law is an a/c man... so it is just a matter of time before the unit is installed... so I am not worried about that.

Other than that... I am perfectly happy with it. I will be renting from a private individual, so I am not fearing Casa Lindas management too much... the lease will be looked over by my lawyer (thanks BushBaby) with a fine tooth comb... and hopefully I will be very happy.

Now all I have to buy is my washing machine and my grill... and then I am good to go :) And to think... I came from lil ol washington dc.. who woulda thought???

Thank you all

GirlieGirl

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Good for you. Welcome in the area. I'll be at my place starting mid-december Casa Linda 30 and JanH, right across from mine will also be there over Christmas. Pls feel free to drop in and say hi. Which villa did you end up renting? What number and model?

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
????

Unsure of the model off of the top of my head... it is written here somewhere. It is Villa #2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Do you know what the electric bill is?

With a pool,and "air" you could be talking more than $300 dollars per month! Better ask your neighbors,or see the bill!Cris

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Thank you CC

No Air... will be later.. but not anytime soon... a couple of people have given me some ideas... not too bad...