• Thread starter Michael of Baltimore
  • Start date

Transport from Boca Chica to Dominican Republic

M

Michael of Baltimore

I will be vacationing in the Dominican Republic during the Millineum celebrations December 28, 1999 thru Janary 3, 2000. I have booked reservations at the Hostal Zapata for six nights seven days, and might try to book a supplemental reservation at one of the smaller hotels/chains in Santo Domingo for New Year's Eve/Day. My plan is to spend most of the day tanning myself on the beaches of Boca Chica and then come in to Santo Domingo in the early evening to party. I hear that Boca Chica offers very litto disco life unless you go to one of the all-inclusives. I chose Hostal Zapata because of its proximity to the ocean and the cheap rate. Because I will be making frequent trips from Boca Chica to Santo Domingo during my stay, do anyone have any information on transportation options (other than rental cars) for getting to and from the two cities. Why didn't I just book a hotel in Santo Domingo for this time period? Well for a couple of reasons 1) I love being on the beach 2) All of the major affordable hotels located along the Malecon in Santo Domingo are booked for the Millenium celebrations.

N

Norman

Don't worry. There are buses every few minutes. Late at night, you will have to take a taxi.