Punta cana and Cortecito Inn

P

phileco

just came back from three days in Punta Cana , we stayed in El Cortecito Inn Beach resort ,

Firstly it is called Beach resort but they have no beach , we must cross the road and other businesses to find the public beach

Secondly , roosters are all over the resort , they wake you up at 5 o clock , then sing every minute for hours

3 the swimming pool was dirty and too much chlorinated , they allow local people to swim with their full clothes ( I know that is everywhere the same , but some profit of their swimming to wash the clothes !

4 the air conditionning filters were very dirty , I am sure we got Legionnaires? Disease (Legionellosis) and will die soon ! I prefer no air conditionning , but they do have a lot of mosquitoes if we let the windows open

5 , there is no "do not disturb " sign , and ladies came at 11 PM to ask if we need some towels ( we were sleeping of course )

6 the guy at the reception never smile , no welcome , nothing , just take your money

7 the breaksfast , very cheap quality , not even fresh juices but syrups with water , in this country where oranges are so cheap they had something like Tang to propose , and other products made with water and sugar . was not real juice , all the rest was similar , nothing of quality , butter was frozen some days , liquid other days ,

8 impossible to regulate hot water in bathrooms , either you get boiling or nothing ( that is true that we can shower with cold water here )

we also went to Manati Park , that will be another thread

El_Catire

Feb 12, 2005
A perfect stay in Cortecito Inn at Bavaro Beach

We just returned from 7 days at Bavaro Beach. We stayed in ?Hotel Cortecito Inn? all the time and I cannot understand all the negative comments about this very nice Hotel. It is right that the hotel is not directly at the beach, but you just cross the street and get to the wonderful beach. There are even some beach seats which belong to the hotel and can be used for free. The hotel is located in the centre of the small village ?Cortecito?. Around the hotel you have some bars where you can drink a beer and different restaurants, like the famous ?Capitan Cook?. Each room has got a balcony with a nice view over the pool area of the hotel, which is equipped with pool bar, seats and a billard area, palms are giving natural shadow. The pool itself was extremely clean and noyone was bathing there in clothes. And during these 7 days we didn?t notice any rooster at all. When we were there the filters of the air conditioning in our room was clean. Concerning the shower we had no problem with the regulation of the hot/cold water. For those who like television, here you have even three cinema channels for free. This is a service for which you have to pay extra in European hotels. Furthermore it seems to be a period without mosquitoes, hence we didn?t need any repellent. It is right that for breakfast there is no natural juice available. But I have been in many hotels in my live and natural juice I got only in 5-stars hotels. Here someone should check his demands. I think the quality of the breakfast is ok, there are fresh scrambled eggs, cornflakes, fresh fruits like papaya, pineapple, honey melon, muffins,... . Finally the personal was very friendly and helpfully. The cleaning women brought every day fresh towels. The personal was very attentive and flexible and followed all we asked for, e.g. room change. All in all we enjoyed our stay in ?Cortecito Inn? very much. For 60$/room the night it has a very good price performance relation. For us it?s clear: we will come back next time!!!
Many greetings to Jos? C., Willy, Herman, Ana and Dulce
La Venezolana y el aleman

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Basic and overpriced

Last year, coming from Samana, I spent 1 night at the Cortecito Inn before taking my plane back home. And that will be the only reason I will use this hotel. Room was clean but basic, my room did not have the balcony mentionned before. For 60U$ per night, you get much better comfort and quality in Santo Domingo, Las Terrenas or Sosua. Overpriced, but what can you do, there are very few non-AI options around in that area.
Bartolomeo

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Cortecito?? OK

I stayed in the Cortecito for a week in April 2004 - party of 2 - 1 American, 1 Dominican. I agree with the comments of el Catire - decent to good; very good value for the money in Punta Cana. Not luxury, by far. Breakfast? Mediocre, but accpetable. Hotel rooms are cheaper in many other parts of the D R. Very good security if you arrive by car. Nice area for walking on the beaches, the local neighborhood, or on the roads.

EAC

Feb 16, 2005
El_Catire said:
We just returned from 7 days at Bavaro Beach. We stayed in ?Hotel Cortecito Inn? all the time and I cannot understand all the negative comments about this very nice Hotel. It is right that the hotel is not directly at the beach, but you just cross the street and get to the wonderful beach. There are even some beach seats which belong to the hotel and can be used for free. The hotel is located in the centre of the small village ?Cortecito?. Around the hotel you have some bars where you can drink a beer and different restaurants, like the famous ?Capitan Cook?. Each room has got a balcony with a nice view over the pool area of the hotel, which is equipped with pool bar, seats and a billard area, palms are giving natural shadow. The pool itself was extremely clean and noyone was bathing there in clothes. And during these 7 days we didn?t notice any rooster at all. When we were there the filters of the air conditioning in our room was clean. Concerning the shower we had no problem with the regulation of the hot/cold water. For those who like television, here you have even three cinema channels for free. This is a service for which you have to pay extra in European hotels. Furthermore it seems to be a period without mosquitoes, hence we didn?t need any repellent. It is right that for breakfast there is no natural juice available. But I have been in many hotels in my live and natural juice I got only in 5-stars hotels. Here someone should check his demands. I think the quality of the breakfast is ok, there are fresh scrambled eggs, cornflakes, fresh fruits like papaya, pineapple, honey melon, muffins,... . Finally the personal was very friendly and helpfully. The cleaning women brought every day fresh towels. The personal was very attentive and flexible and followed all we asked for, e.g. room change. All in all we enjoyed our stay in ?Cortecito Inn? very much. For 60$/room the night it has a very good price performance relation. For us it?s clear: we will come back next time!!!
Many greetings to Jos? C., Willy, Herman, Ana and Dulce
La Venezolana y el aleman
Satisfied customer OR paid actor???

sunman6

Jun 9, 2002
I'm hearing a lot of positive comments from US natives who've stayed at El Cortecito. Haven't been there but I'm amazed at the mixed reviews. Of course, some of the problems could have been solved in the 2 years between the first and last post! We are in Boca Chica now and plan to visit Bavaro for a month at least. We'll drive up there tomorrow and check it out before giving a deposit. We're not looking for 5 * but do like clean rooms. Will post again if and when we check in.
Janice

A

apostropheman

i'd certainly be interested in what you find. if you have any other suggestions please post them too. i'll be in Punta Cana/Bavaro the evening of the 26th and will be looking for decent and reasonably priced accomodation.

thanks

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Alisios Bavaro

I may suggest A resort called Alisios Bavaro, much better for plus or less the same money than El Cortecito.

regards

Alain

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Kinda late...but I recommend La Posada de Piedra, also locate in Cortecito. Last year the rate was USD$40 per night for 2 of us with a private bathroom. It is a bed and breakfast and the owner Guadeloupe is wonderful. Also, it is beachfront, our room had an ocean view! (check out the website at www.laposadadepiedra.com for photos/current rates.) Good luck and enjoy!

A

apostropheman

drloca said:
Kinda late...but I recommend La Posada de Piedra, also locate in Cortecito. Last year the rate was USD$40 per night for 2 of us with a private bathroom. It is a bed and breakfast and the owner Guadeloupe is wonderful. Also, it is beachfront, our room had an ocean view! (check out the website at www.laposadadepiedra.com for photos/current rates.) Good luck and enjoy!

Thank-you!
i'll try it tomorrow eveing. it's exactly what i'm looking for!