breezes puerto plata, sousa bay hotel?????

nstokes

Aug 20, 2003
I need help Im planning this trip for 7 single women in their mid-twenties and I cant choose between these hotels. less families the better and a nice beach with clear water. The pool has to be nice as well. Alcohol 24 hrs a day is a must. we are doing the all-inclusive plan. Help me!!!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Oh yeah, Breezes for sure, no question

very fancy , top shelf liquor at the Breezes chain. Keep in mind that the water in front of one hotel is the same water in front of the other hotel so it is likely not a big influencer for this pick.

nstokes

Aug 20, 2003
beach?

so you are saying that the beaches in front breezes are just as nice as beach ib frony of sousa bay hotel. I want to snorkel in pretty waters, with lots fish.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Water is water

nstokes said:
so you are saying that the beaches in front breezes are just as nice as beach ib frony of sousa bay hotel. I want to snorkel in pretty waters, with lots fish.

How different would you think the water in the sea would be for two adjacent hotels? Sorry, I should say ib frony of two hotels, which I think means in front in your language.

And again you should really practice saying the name of the town which is Sosua S - O - S - U - A , soos-ooo-ah. Not Sousa, or soosa.

I'm not too sure in front (or frony) of either there are a lot of snorkel worthy fish to see whatsoever unless they have a reef nearby.

AI's are AI's are AI's and you know, they are all the same, e.g. boring and totally unlike the country they are in. You and the gals should find a smaller hotel, live in the town, eat in various restaurants, see the people and not hide among a lot of other tourists. It really is boring and not travelling at all.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Both properties are upscale. Easier to get off of the property at Sosua Bay than Breezes. Cabarete is younger for sure and the people that run Sosua Bay run a property in Cabarete. Never stayed at either but have been to Breezes and Sosua Bay and both are nice.

Escott

Dec 9, 2002
Soooooo funny

"How different would you think the water in the sea would be for two adjacent hotels? Sorry, I should say ib frony of two hotels, which I think means in front in your language.

And again you should really practice saying the name of the town which is Sosua S - O - S - U - A , soos-ooo-ah. Not Sousa, or soosa.

I'm not too sure in front (or frony) of either there are a lot of snorkel worthy fish to see whatsoever unless they have a reef nearby.

AI's are AI's are AI's and you know, they are all the same"

Rick, you really crack me up!!!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
A Big Mistake

IMHO is the average traveller doing the AI thing all the time is totally missing all the adventrue and the fun of a small local hotel, eating in the various eateries and buying drinks etc., at a colmado and going to the beach and beach bars.

All this staying with your neighbors essentially in a walled compund means you haven't "travelled" at all other than to a place where the wages ar so low they can package food and booze for next to nothing inside a prison.

Any AI could be in any of Mexico, Central America, the DR, Cuba, for all it matters to the tourist and the experience is always the same.

I am not even convinced anymore that you save money since you can use the airfare part of the same AI charter trip to save money over say, AA, and then live on your own for no more than the hotel / meal part costs.

And going out on a "safari truck" or "catamaran to Sanoa" etc., with a gaggle of fellow caucasians, is not going into the country as much as it is keeping you protected forom the actual country.

Bah humbug to these resorts.

nstokes

Aug 20, 2003
all-inclusive resorts?

Okay I know what you are saying But I am on vacation. If their was a six star hotel in that area I would stay their. I want a beautiful beach , great pool with a swim up bar, a good room, and no cash in my pocket. I am going out everynight and yes to the local bars, because I would probally not want to hang out with people at my resort. I plan on skinny dipping nightly, and watching the sun rise with a beer in my hand and hopefully some hot stud next to me. I love a good night life and for the record I love an exotic night life. Im looking for something like Thailand( I was their for 3 -weeks; crazy!!!!) If I had all the money in the world I would go to Sardinia(italy) or paradise beach(mykonos). My point is I want a vacation and I want to be pampered( I know it is a third world country). An all-inclusive is better with a big group as well.(no splitting up bills etc.....) Im sorry to dissapoint you.

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Sosua Bay Hotel

Personally I prefer Sosua Bay Hotel, not because I work there, but because the beach is nicer and the water is clear as crystal, excellent for snorkeling.
Plus our F & B is superior compared with breezes. (24 hrs)
CG.
Plus I will personaly supply the more profesionnal sankies for this 7 girls you'll ever see. (Joking)

nstokes

Aug 20, 2003
sousa bay hotel

well the decsion has been made already, and we are booked at sosua bay hotel, and I am very excited..........If you have tips or comments about your hotel, I would appreciate it.....Oh and by the way 7 women just turned to 8!!! I hope your hotel is ready for us

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You made a good choice if you want a quality hotel. Sosua Bay is higher quality than Breezes.

msa319, Breezes is located between Sosua and Cabarete.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

CaribbeanGeorge said:
Plus I will personaly supply the more profesionnal sankies for this 7 girls you'll ever see. (Joking)
You're joking? Oh sorry, maybe management is reading this. Ahem. Of course you are! :: wink :: OK. I'll supply the sankies. But one of you is still going to have to go out with Escott.

You beat me to it. If you must stay at an AI, that would be a good one given that you said you want to go to bars and have nice calm clear waters to snorkel in. From Sosua Bay you can walk right to any bar in So-Sue-Me. The other is several miles out of town so you'd need transportation and on a beach with big breakers coming in so no snorkeling as far as I know.

Tom (aka XR)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ok Gals, here is the deal. Walk out of your hotel and make a left. When you get to the end of the street (1 minute walk) you will have a condo complex on the right. My Condo is the closest to the pool. I will make drinks for you all and Ken will do a dance with his belly exposed since he is my neighbor. Lets see Alanindr is also a neighbor so I can have him shine your shoes while Ken is Dancing for you.

Such a deal!

rudy 25

Feb 10, 2003
7 now the "Magnificant 8"

When is this trip taking place or is that a secret. Oct. or Nov. ?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Oh Great!

What next? A permanent DR1 Welcome Wagon committee? OK. Who's going to bake the Brugal Brownies!?

nstokes

Aug 20, 2003
welcome wagon?

The dates have been set, but im not sure if that is a good idea if I give that information out........ But the party at the airport sounds pretty good right now! It does not matter anyway , we will not be their for some time. I would like to see pictures of you though.... matter of fact I like to see anyones pictures ..... Im interested!!?

rudy 25

Feb 10, 2003
"The Magnificant 7 or is it 8"

Now don't be shy. Lets see pictures as well. This works both ways. As for when you are going to the DR I would hope it would be this year