Amado's "Ultimatum"???

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
:cool:

It appears that the EU ambassador has issued an ultimatum to His Hippy's admin to ship up or shape out.
It should be interesting to see what develops.

I'll reserve further comments for the present.

Texas Bill

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I found the words quite interesting... stronger than what you usually see from an Ambassador. Kinda like, look buddy, you're making a mess. Now, fix it, or no more money! In all our various posts before, no-one mentioned the EU. Great Stuff I think!

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Eu Ambassador

My question is....Does he have any real power?
However what he said is true but will any changes
occur? Doubt it.

JD

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Mr. Amador

brought this up because it was shown in european tv, had it not
showning, he will not had said it. It is about time that he show a little muscle to his royal baldness.

Apr 26, 2002
Is this really about the videotape of the shooting in congress being shown throughout Europe? The timing makes me think so.

Outcomes? Most likely nothing. But if the Euros do pull out,
Bush will send more $$$ to make up for any loss. He can't let the message out that banana republics that send troops to Iraq as part of the "coalition of the purchased" will lose money.

The Bush types would probably actually prefer that the Euros pull out. Then Union Fenosa can be replaced with American Electric Power or some other American company that gave a zillion dollars to his reelection fund. Of course, the Euros know this too.

What? You thought the DR was the only corrupt country?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
The Bush types would probably actually prefer that the Euros pull out. Then Union Fenosa can be replaced with American Electric Power or some other American company that gave a zillion dollars to his reelection fund. Of course, the Euros know this too.
I couldnt agree more.
The recently announced trip to Spain Hippo is taking, for the most part, to renegotiate UF's standing in the DR's electrical system. Them spaniards are not so eager to leave the market free for the taking. If they have to 'help' with the campaign effort, they'll be more than happy to.
On the other hand, Kevin Manning, EGE Itabo's manager has just been given the management of EDE Este (AES) which is EGE Itabo's biggest stock holder. An oligopoly in the making I dare say.
Not that there is anything wrong with that, thats the way energy companys such as FPL and ConnEdison work in the states and they work perfectly fine(err, not making ref. to the recent slip in the north east, which is peanuts compared to our 40 years if intemitent black outs). But its clear these oligopolies are very thoroughly monitored by the govmnt.
Here, I am sure, Hippos bureaucracy will surely attempt to collect a fee for the leneancy in order to smooth out the way for a future possible merger to occur.
Thats how the EU and the US fund the new and improved Hippo 2004.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What is a :"Bush Type"??????

And what do campaign contributions have to do with this thread,and what is the "Coalition of the Purchased"?

If this is a Forum about American Politics,just say so,and I will join in!

Otherwise,"Shove a sock in it"!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
read carefully!

Uhmm, just a tad sensitive our Criss is today.

This is not about American Politics - this is about the reaction of BIG MONEY to little peso and the politics driving this reaction.

Apr 26, 2002
Criss,

I believe that I accurately stated some factors that have led to the current Dominican condition, as well as some factors that will affect it going forward. MANY of these factors have foreign components. I'm not trying to bend the argument to get negative Iraq or Bush comments into a DR forum, and I'm sorry if you don't like the comments. But the comments are well-tied to DR issues. If we live in a vacuum, it's only because you "stuffed a sock in it."

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Whatever. Amado's comments did raise a lot of stink in the press. From what I read in Listin(through an "interpreted" Web Page) that paper was really upset over the remarks! Words to the effect that he should mind his own business.
I thought it rather amusing and a typical defensive attitude on the part of Listin.

Texas Bill