Another terror attack in DR

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The fireworks I have warned about just begun in high gear. This morning General De La Cruz Martinez, a political front of Hippo who keeps him company in his present "knife in the mouth" re-election campaign was wounded in a sea of bullets fired by "unknown assailants" who were driving a black, tinted glass VW Jetta. The attack was perpetrated professional style. His driver, a seargent was killed and so many bullets fired in his back that it has not been able to determine how many hits he took after he hit the floor. His son survived after ducking underneath the jeepeta.

This attack comes only days after the killing of Captain Candelier and the attempt on a senator from Barahona. General De La Cruz Martinez in an almost predictable confession stated that "he has done nothing that could be suspected as wrongdoing to deserve this" as if predicting that people will begin to ask why a General who drives around with an arsenal and enough bodyguards for a patrol in war is attacked in broad daylight by attackers who are daring enough to stay close to him for hours in a suspect vehicle.

What was his chief of police doing while his officers and generals are being gunned down? Running for office with Hippo and the PPH. Yes, our chief of police was campaigning in Gurabo with other high ranking military officers in tow.

This is only the beginning. Once the campaign gets on the way with all the other candidates running marches and caravans thru towns we will see many more deaths. Hippo started the whole thing with his "knife" slogan.

But to make it worse, he is in a bloody battle with Hatuey De Camps. Hatuey is a very powerful man in DR and has very strong followers nationwide.

There are many strange things complicating this. There is a major crisis going on with Venezuela. Our relations with that country are in deep trouble. With the asylum given another corrupt president(Noboa) and even staying in Hippos house, one would think we will have foreign elements involved in an already heated situation. One can only speculate how foreigners can react to all the misteps taken by Hippo in foreign relations.

We must all keep a watch on the situation. It is explosive. Hippo has become now the fuel. He is out looking for trouble.

TW

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Bad news...

Hope no one in my family reads of this violence or I will not be coming to the DR..:( Hope the situation gets better in the near future! Pam

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
hello! Dominicans are NOT killing eachothers this is just another POLITICA incident that will go on until the next president gets elected this problems will not affect any tourists.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This "Political Killing Season" has the potential to be

longer and larger than "NORMAL"!!! We have the added incentive of "infighting" in the "PRD',and the "PNN" will be very violent against both the "PRD","PLD",and the "Reformistas"! Look for a high number of Political Assasinations,and "Shoot Outs" at political rallys!This should be fun!!! No matter who gets killed,it is one less corrupt politician to deal with!!!!!!!!!!We can't lose!!!!!:bandit:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"See What I Mean?"

Someday,just once in MY lifetime,I would like to meet a Dominican who CAN,see the forest for the trees!!!!!!!!!(Not Counting GOLO!)
I guess if you see the DR as a perfect place to live,with no problems,or faults,or areas for improvement,it makes life easier.I will call it the "Dominican Ostrich Syndrome"! Except I don't think it's the SAND where he has his head!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) CC

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Kenosha, our politicians also lie,steal and cheat, but only in the framwork of the law. If caught outside they are gone the next day.
I'll vote for that stripper lady and if she quits I go for Arnold.
X.