Boca Chica To Samana

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Hi everyone....Need some help on my travels. How long will it take to drive to Samana from Boca Chica? Can anyone recommend a villa, hotel or apartment to stay at for 2 nights for 4 people in Samana? Nothing fancy or all inclusive, maybe something with A/C if possible.

I am going to be visiting the Quisqueya TESOL school and need the best driving route, if someone could help me with that too.

Thanks so much.......
"little"

....counting the days till I arrive ;)

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Roadtrip

There is no direct route to get to Samana.
Departing from Boca Chica, you have to go to Santo Domingo, drive through the city on 27 de feb. avenue, make a right on Maximo Gomez, Churchil ave. or Lincoln and a right on JFKennedy avenue, then is all straight 'till you hook up with Autopista Duarte. Pay the toll and 15 pesos later, drive straight Villa Altagracia and Bonao then turn to San Francisco de Macoris then Nagua and you're on the final stretch towards Samana.
From Boca Chica, the trip should take between 3.30-4.30 hours depending on the traffic while crossing StoDgo and later San Francisco.
I highly recommend buying a road map (at least one that shows the main roads and highways) and travelling in the morning(safer and less traffic).
In samana, where do you want to stay? Las Terrenas, Galeras, Samana city?
In Las Galeras, check out Club Bonito or Villa Serena. I think youd also like Costa Las Ballenas and Atlantis hotel near Las Terrenas.
Hope this helps.
Have a Good Trip!:D

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Take a Good map as well as a Good map-reader. It is a lovely trip, but be prepared to get lost a couple of times. Also, some of the roads are less-than ideal. Also, when you get to JFK in Santo Domingo, you had better go left(west) instead of right. I recently stayed in Casa de los Huespedes in the city of Samana. It was only 700 pesos and was a decent place for our purposes. It is NOT the romantic hot spot, but it was new and clean and had AC. If you want beach front and romance, you might try El Marinique in Las Galeras. There are also many other places that would be worthy of mention on the peninsula.

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Thanks

Thanks, Ihtown and Samiam....... Great information. I am not looking for a romantic stop to stay. Just something simple, clean and with A/C for a couple of nights.... I am still trying to find out what area that school is in so I know directly what options I have for hotels and villas. I have called the school directly, but have not received a call back yet.

There will be 4 of us, so we will be buying a map and having lots of back seat drivers and map readers......

Again my thanks.... Any more information you can give me would be appreciated.
Thanks,
"little"