Car Rental In Boca Chica

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Hello... Can anyone tell me what the car rental place is called off the main highway coming from the Las Americas airport into Boca Chica? I believe it's on the left side of the road. I know this is a vague location, but someone might remember....right?

If you have a phone number or web site, that would be helpful. Also, can you give me some tips on renting a car. We have rented one in the past, but they tried to charge us for all sorts of insurance and etc.... What exactly do we need? REALLY....

Thanks for the help in advance....
"little"

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
A Little Vague but.....

Do you mean it is IN Boca Chica off the main highway ( Autopista Duarte) and it is on the second road (counting from the airport - e.g. south of the Burger King) heading into Boca Chica? Next door to the Hamilton Hotel ( that weird blue colour hotel?)

Or do you mean on the left just as you leave the airport?

Why not rent from National/Alamo at the airport? From what I hear they have fair treatment, good rates and it is a lot handier than being in Boca Chica first.

The name of the BC place is on the tip of my tongue, I am there Saturday so I can reply again after I go by. Honestly looking at it (pretty small potatoes outfit) a web site is a truly unlikely possibility.

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Not sure...

Hey...I think I know where your talking about near the blue hotel, It's not the one right after you leave the airport......

My reasoning for renting in BC is that we will be there for a week and then we will rent a car to drive to Samana. I thought it would be easy use this rental place.... I just can't remember the name of the roads or the rental place. but it was a good size place, not a small potatoe.....lol

Any help you can give.... I would appreciate.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I can look but

I'd pay the 500 pesos to go back to the airport and rent a car form National and avoid the one man shop in Boca Chica, it looks pretty mickey mouse. I'll try to get the name soon.

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
thanks....

I think we will stick with National Car rental. Thanks for all your help...... We don't want to rent from any Mickey Mouse people...... lol.

Have a good one.....
"little"

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Odd Behaviour

littlelanvender said:
I think we will stick with National Car rental. Thanks for all your help...... We don't want to rent from any Mickey Mouse people...... lol.

Have a good one.....
"little"

Last trip on August 4th we asked this place ( whose name I cannot recall) to rent a car for 1 day vs. hiring a car and driver. They refused , inisted on 2 day minimum, which was 1 day too much. The car we would have taken was still there when we returned and the next morning so they lost out on a day's income for nothing.

A car rental joint that won't rent cars on the off chance someone will take it for 2 days or more is pretty dicey to me.