Is this a new resort ?

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Came across this on NY TIme's Travel page today:

----------------------

FRESH TANGERINE Viva Tangerine, an all-inclusive resort, is scheduled to open Nov. 1 in Cabarete, on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. The 223-room resort will be on its own 361-foot beach, 20 minutes from the main airport in Puerto Plata. And through Dec. 23, the introductory rates will start at $60 a person, based on double occupancy. This includes all meals, drinks, wine, 24-hour snacks, daily activities (including yoga classes and nonmotorized water sports), children's activities, cooking lessons, taxes and tips. From Jan. 3 to April 10, rates will start at $87 a person, double occupancy. Children under 12 stay free when sharing a room with two adults. The resort facilities include two tennis courts, two pools, a full-service spa and 24-hour medical services. For information, call (800) 898-9968 or visit www.vivaresorts.com.

--------------------------

Any comments on this resort from those in the know ?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I am wondering if that's the one across the street from the Tiger Mart?

Great big place, huge covered car entrance going up. But I walked the beach there in Cabarete a two months ago, all the way from the Camden's place on the East to Bahia Arena on the West and there were at least two other big projects going on too, on the west side of Cabarete Beach.

The one across from Tiger Mart seems to be the furtherst along though. But opening in 60 days? I don't know about that! Then again they did have non-Dominican's in the construction crew I noted driving past yesterday ...

;)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Viva Tangerine

is under construction just west of Cabarete. While they say Opening Nov. 1; I have my doubts.

This was posted earlier my marina:
"I drive by it everyday...it is located in the bozo beach area, just upwind of Hotel Caracol. It looks like it will be a super nice resort. There is a big hole in front of it right now.... looks like they're putting in a huge pool as you walk in.. the property is hge so there are probably others...."

See: http://www.signaturevacations.com/svec/ApplicationSentry?Comp=300&ProductId=580 This is the tour operator in Canada which is marketing this property.

Gregg