jazz or reggae clubs/nights?

Anu Re

Aug 5, 2003
Just wonderin' if there where any good jazz clubs or reggae clubs in or near santo domingo. I realize clubs sometimes just dedicate a night to a certain music so maybe that will work too?
I'm takin' merengue lessons but still want to check out other spots of interest in and around santo night life.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Casa de Teatro, on Merino in the colonial zone has a jazz night once a week. Check S Bar on Padre Billini esq Sanchez, also in the colonial zone.

Chiri

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
Some suggestions

You may also want to visit Fusion Rose on Thursdays they have hip hop and reaggae nights...it's also located on zona colonial..Conde Street between Isabel la Catolica and Las Damas Street.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
when i was there during the summer, Vanity played hip hop and reggae on friday nights. i think it was only rd$150 to get in. It's located in la zona colonial but i don't know the exact location. if you ask a taxi driver he'll know. Seven2Seven located in the malecon also had the same thing on thursday nights. they have a really strict dress code at seven2seven so be warned. another club that had alotta reggae was O'Side but the club was really small. the music was mixed, but when they got to reggae they played it for a while. not sure where o'side is located or what night it was, but you can call and find out. you can dress however you want in o'side (shorts, throwbacks, hats, doorag). oh yeah, don't go there on saturday cause they play salsa all night long and entrance is rd$40. it was free admission the night i went, but drinks are expensive (rd$750 for a medium sized bottle of brugal extra viejo and rd$70 for a presidente). one last thing, try calling a club called Trio cause i was told i had fun there (was too drunk to remember). hope i helped