question for the moderator

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Is it possible that 2 people can have the same handle(screen name) on this board?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Rob, what I think johne meant was why do Peter & Alex respond as two with only one name.

I should have thought the answer was self explanatory, but, johne, they share a computer as many do, like D&D, JanH (and Mr. JanH), etc. so you see posts from more than one person because they log in on their shared home PC. On the other hand there are a few folks like Camden Tom and Camden Diane that use the same PC for more than one account so they each have their own individual 'handle'.

OK. Now. Why do I feel stupid for answering that one? Dirty somehow, like I have just had a conversation with Joseita?

Tom (aka XR)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No, XR, I think he is asking if two people can have same board name. If you will recall the stupid thread started by katty, he asked her if she wasn't the same katty that previously posted a thread claiming she was a true blue American, or something like that. She responded that no, that must have been somebody else--which would mean two people could have the board name of "katty".

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
same name

ken--your right on why i did that posting. I went to bed last nite thinking about her response--which was flippant "sorry to disappoint you-- NO I am not the same Katty" Early this am I thought I would check with the moderator. I am on the way out now for dinner but sometime tommorow I am going to oersue this.

My whole problem with this tread is I am a New Yorker and every day when I look at that hole in the ground which used to be 1 World Trade Center I am reminded of who I am and who she is

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm glad you asked the question, johne.

People who try to play tricks on the board usually get found out. A better board name might be catty.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I may be rude to people at times but they usually deserve it. I called this one with the least amount of haste. I really have no time for jerks like her that think everyone else is not alive or awake or has half a brain.

Where in NY are you. I have a place in NY and Ken did once.

Scott

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
escott--NYC

Scott I live in a small private community in Queens county called Forest Hills Gardens. Its claim to fame is that it is the first planned community in the US. Planned design by Olmstead (Central Park). My office is in Long Island City 2 blocks from the 59th Street bridge.(will be in Boca Chica next week --if you're going to be anyplace close pm me this week. )
John E.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey John,

I have a place in Woodstock NY and Suffern NY. I lived on 84th and West End Ave before moving Upstate many years ago and haven't looked back.

I only go to the South Coast when I have stuff to take care of like Residency junk.

Get to the North Coast one trip and you will never go back. I have a friend with a lovely house in BC that just bought a Condo in my building and plans on moving North after coming a few trips.

Regards,
Scott