driving and staying on north coast

andres

Sep 1, 2003
I have only been to the DR once.I stayed for 6 days in Boca Chica at the Coral Hamaca. Nice place.But the town is pretty run down.I did enjoy the nightlife ,especiaaly since I was a male travelling alone.
I am going back in November ,and I plan on driving to the north coast.I already have reservations to fly to Santo Domingo, where I rented car last time. I would like to drive to the northern part of the island.Is it recommended?What city is a little "upgrade" from Boca Chica but could offer the beach and nightlife? I do not want A-I this time. My friend tells me to get a room for $30-$40 per night on the beach. Is this possible? How far is from Puerto Plata to Sousa or Cabrete? Can you walk from these hotels to the nightlife?

andres

Sep 1, 2003
thanks

Thanks. I now know that those towns are only 15-25 minutes apart.I was wondering about a decent hotel on the beach in Sousa.Do they have a map of the locations of the hotels there?I know in Boca Chica you can walk to main street (Calle Duarte) from almost any hotel in town.All of the nightlife is on that street .Is it the same in Sousa?