How do I get a good tourist guide -Zona Colonial

R

racimo

;) Will be visiting with three first visitors to the country and would like them to have an informal tour or the Zona Colonial. Last March, I went to the Alcazar first and contracted one right there. The guide's English was extremely basic plus his focus was to get us to buy from the stores he got a payback (%%).

Do you have a better recommendation for a more relaxed, informative tour without getting ripped off?

I would like these friends to come back with good historical information and perception about the country.

Thanks!!!!

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
Tour Guide for Colonial City

Racimo,

I have a friend, of 20 years, who is an "official" tour guide in the Colonial City. He speaks fluent spanish, french, italian and english. If you go to parque Colon (Columbus Park), where the Cathedral is, and you face the front entrance there are a group of guides with a line-up board to the left of the entrance. Go to any of the guides(wearing a blue shirt and tan pants and an identification card) and ask for Andres (Andy). Tell him that I(Richie) referred you to him on-line. I am sure you will get a quality tour as formal or informal as you like. If you prefer, you can e-mail me with the date(s) and the type of tour you have in mind and I will coordinate with him to make sure he is available and expecting you. No problem, I speak to him a couple times a month.