Hotel "El Conde" (on el Conde) Info?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
A friend recommended to try the Hotel El Conde in the capital located appropriately enough, on El Conde, but I cannot find a web reference to it.

I am advised it would be near the Calle Catolica end of El Conde, is reasonably priced and has balconies facing the street or streets, I guess if it is on a corner.

Anyone know this place, have prices, a contact #, or web site or all of the above?

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
El Conde

I don't think they have a website. I stay at the Mercure hotel which also on the Conde. They have an internet special of about $69.00 a night. The Conde is in the heart of SD and a good place to veiw people. The website is mercure.com and the hotel code is 2794.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Well , thanks, but..............

If they don't have a website that's cool - I need to confirm the Hotel El Conde exists, where it is and what the phone # is and any comments on it and its location.

I really wasn't trying to find a different hotel.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
The hotel you are referring to is probably the hotel Conde de Penalba. It is on the corner of the Conde and Arz Merino and faces Columbus Square and the National Catherdral. Isabella la Catolica is one block east at the other end of the square. It has balconies that overlook the square and the restaurant with outdoor tables which occupies the first floor of the hotel building. The phone number is (809) 688-7121.

The hotel is OK although a bit noisy when the garbage trucks pass down Merino about 2am on their nightly runs. A much better hotel (although more expensive) is the Hodelpa Caribe Colonial located just around the corner on Catolica.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Muchias Gracias

Jan and Andy B for what I needed.

I am getting a bit jaded with Boca Chica so in October I think I will do a few midweek days here vs. running into the capital for a day trip.

I like the ability to sit on those wraparound balconies and see the people.

Last edited: