Request for Constanza/Jarabacoa info

vakuform

Apr 19, 2003
vakuform.homestead.com
Greetings to lovers of the DR:
I will be in Santiago and have 2 days free. I've already done the adventure stuff in Jarabacoa (rafting, canyoning, ATV, Horseback riding etc). I'm thinking of driving to Constanza for a few days and staying at Rancho Constanza. I would check out Aguas Blanco and the scenary. I have also heard that you can drive to Pico Duarte. I really want to climb it but only have 2 days. I understand you need 3 days for this.

Any info on driving to Pico Duarte and doing a little hiking, or a possible 2 day ascent or Constanza adventures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike:cool:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Was up in August in Constanza, after not having visited in a few years, and again noticed how lovely and well worth the trip it is. Stayed with my family at Alto Cerro which I would have no problem recommending, but from the distance Rancho Constanza looked great. You are right about your timing not being enough for Pico Duarte. The people at Baiguate offer these excursions (see their advert in the directory pages), but if you don't have the time, a trip to Aguas Blancas is a good alternative. While I have not been there myself, have it on my list for sometime when I make it to Constanza again. There is something though with Constanza that makes you want to relax, so for me, I would need at least two nights, but I understand it is the leading attraction in the area and the hotel should be able to help you arrange a tour. Last time I inquired was told one would need a 4 wheel drive vehicle, or to be in at least moderate physical shape for the hike.

Last edited: