*** New Forum ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Luckily for DR1 Tom has agreed to be the moderator of the Hurricane Watch forum.

Hopefully this place will not get busy. Busy is bad when we are talking hurricanes.

Thanks Tom!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome fellow moderator. Hopefully you won't have too many problems in this forum. ;)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thank you, Anna. I feel so powerful now! And I actually have to watch what I say. Oh well.

I can see it now - flame wars from Diablaroja if the storm turns right instead of his preferred leftward bent between him and Crisco. Well, at least here I have a delete button for CC. You listening Crisco? Now ... how do I work this thing? Shouldn't this come with instructions?

:confused:

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
XanaduRanch said:
.. And I actually have to watch what I say.. (aka XR)

Only in your own forum XR - the rest is still open for making trouble. ;)

Have fun. I know how you enjoy this stuff and you're good at it too. Ken and I (being long time sailors in these waters) will keep you honest.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Now Tom can keep us "Abreast" of all the "Big Blows" coming our way!

We will know when we will be getting "WET"!All the "Hot & Sticky" details of "Tropical Heat Waves" Too!If you need reports from the field,remember I'll be out there "working the trenches"! Good Luck";) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccrrrrriiiisss
COLON!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
LMAO Crisco! But try and keep it clean, remember Robert gave me a delete button now and I know how to use it! Too funny! And, thanks!

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
Latest Model Forecast Tracks

Most people know where to get the latest NHC advisory from but this model run track is great so i thought i post it here for you all. Makes interesting viewing.

courtesy of http://www.wunderground.com

Edited to add:
Thanks Bolt. This image link is also already on the sticky on the main forum page along with a few others for easy access.

Last edited by a moderator:

debajoelsol

Jan 23, 2003
Congratulations Tom XR!
Your hurricane posts over the last while have really boosted my interest in following this storm. I find myself checking its position and forcasts several times a day. Great idea for a new forum.
My first experience with a hurricane in the R.D. came in the fall of 1989(?). We arrived to play golf for the week at Playa Dorada just after a storm had pushed the ocean up onto the 11th, 12th and 13th holes. We played a shortened course all week.
Playa Dorada is only a sliver of sand compared to what it was only decade ago. There will be little beach left below the tree line after a few more large storms.
Buena Suerte.

Apr 26, 2002
Okay, Tom, I'm ready for the storm forum.

I believe I speak for some posters when I say that hurricanes are actually launched by US weather satellites to inflict destruction on its poor, defenseless neighbors. If this hurricane hits the DR, women, gays and Haitians will be hit the hardest. Moreover, US troops should not be in Iraq and Mao Tse Tung would make a great dictator of the DR were he still alive.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
what debajoelsol said!

This is such a cool idea. so thanks for doing this XR.

Instead of DR1 expert on your tag, you have the power to delete now. hee.

Seriously, if only for peace of mind, I expect many of the uninitiated have a need to discuss this aspect of life in the Caribbean.

The discussions here are providing insights about hurricane nature quite unknown to me. Given a Canadian background, that word 'hurricane' has always overworked my imagination, and the primeval response is only panic or fear.

I already have much more confidence in knowing how to deal with it all, simply by reading the insights and exceptionally rational comments by you and others. Thanks! D

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Okay, Tom, I'm ready for the storm forum. I believe I speak for some posters when I say that hurricanes are actually launched by US weather satellites to inflict destruction on its poor, defenseless neighbors. If this hurricane hits the DR, women, gays and Haitians will be hit the hardest. Moreover, US troops should not be in Iraq and Mao Tse Tung would make a great dictator of the DR were he still alive.
You do realize that Robert gave me a real honest-to-goodness working DELETE button, right? :: smile ::

I have been discussing with some of the other moderators what it would take before I would actually have to use this button here. I mean, how worked up can you get about high pressure ridges andthe current humidity level in Santo Domingo? I f - I - need to delete your post that should be prima-facia evidence that you really should be on medications!

LOL

Tom (aka (XR)

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
since you and I get along, I can't really say anything that would get me deleted..lol

oh well ;)

welcome to the team buddy!