What if the unthinkable does happen.....

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
People who have sense all agree His Baldness should lose his shirt and more in next year's election.

But what if for some ungodly reason he wins ?? What would happen to DR for "otro cuatro a?os" ?

I'm not trained to write horror stories. Perhaps some of you would care to fill in lurid details...........

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
There was this time in my hometown that there were at least a dozen earth shakes in one night, some strong enough to crack walls and make people flee in fear. Nobody knew what was going, but to the psyche of a 10 year old that was the sure sign of an impeding ?end of the world? kind of event. I was left with a lifelong paranoia about earthquakes. I think about it often during the day, probably about as many times as guys think of sex. I chose places to live and apartments to buy based on availability of alternative escape routes and closeness to hospitals and clinics.

Later in life I acquired a different, more dangerous paranoia: that the world will be smitten by a stellar object causing the disappearance of the planet, or life on the planet (whichever comes first). Watching the movie Armageddon (what I was doing watching that movie eludes me, I must have been high on some substance or the other) did nothing to quench my fears. Now I split my days between worrying about the ground disappearing from under my feet and the entire planet disappearing from under my feet. Not an easy life I tell you.

And now, you come here and spew your tales of impending horrors. What?s up with you? Do you want to alter the delicate balance between my paranoia and my addiction to coffee? I have enough with ?end of the day? scenarios in my head to add on top of that such scary prospect. All I am left to say is: you sir are undespicable!

Sarcasm-meter reading: full

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
I agree Pib this is not a nice subject to even discuss,if the Burro wins we will all have to cut happy hour down to 10 screwdrivers a day,oh yeah and no more bread,eat yucca
J.H.:bandit:

Apr 26, 2002
Pib said:
... a dozen earth shakes in one night, some strong enough to crack walls and make people flee in fear ... an impeding ?end of the world? kind of event ... that the world will be smitten by a stellar object causing the disappearance of the planet, or life on the planet (whichever comes first) ... the ground disappearing from under my feet and the entire planet disappearing from under my feet. Not an easy life I tell you.[/i]!

If Hippo gets reelected, you'll have something really bad to think about for a change.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Theres a good chance

Some friends a few weeks ago told me to go to the campaign for Hippo. I told them why would they even think of going. They said they get $100 pesos! So there you go! People thinking of now instead of the future of the country.

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
PRD PLATFORM :):):)

NO copyright material. I am losing patience. FAST!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 26, 2002
Only a total idiot would think that the PRD's platform has any significance whatsoever. It's like fiddling while Rome burns or, alternatively, like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
But its OK to believe another party's platform because you dislike PRD.....come on, be more logical......obviously the party does something right to get elected....its platform is like that of any, whether or not you like it all depends on where your alliances are.....

Apr 26, 2002
Conchale, do you know anything about the DR? None of the parties platforms mean anything. All of the parties are clientist.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Only a total idiot would think that the PRD's platform has any significance whatsoever. It's like fiddling while Rome burns or, alternatively, like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
So the mystery of the last post is solved then.

What's so surprising about that Jan? A word for 'tomorrow' doesn't exist in Dominican Spanish. 'Manana' has been taken over to mean, 'Not Today'.

:rolleyes:

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
Do not be so naive, Dominican politics are like anywhere else.....the myth that it is all so corrupt is just a myth, there is corruption everywhere.....but as I have always said, every leader inherits problems, they do not necessarily create them...they do not always have the resources to deal with them. There is no quick fix......the PRD is not a bad party, it just has a very daunting task ahead of it.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
diablorojo said:
There is no quick fix ... the PRD ... just has a very daunting task ahead of it.
ROTFLMAO!

Really! Again, I agree! They need at least another four more years to clean up the mess that the infidel Leonel and those Yanqui Imperilist Dogs left His Majesty El Hippolito to deal with four years ago!

Way to read between the lines, DiablaRoja! L.O.L!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
diablorojo said:
Do not be so naive, Dominican politics are like anywhere else.....the myth that it is all so corrupt is just a myth, there is corruption everywhere.....

No Diablo, which is the myth? the myth that it is corrupt? Or the myth that there is corruption everywhere? Don't confuse me now - you're a reasonable man? or are you? DR politics are more corrupt than most. But I agree, politics are corrupt. Let's all vote for a 'Leaderless Future!'

Last edited:

Lurch

Aug 8, 2003
I believe he shall continue to be president for at least the next term, at the moment he is proving to be able to acquire the capital to run his PPH program and the buying of votes.

Whether or not he can continue is the only question but he only really needs 43% of the vote. The commission will take care of the remaining 8% for him.

It is going to be one helluva mess when this does collapse however.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I've been saying it for a while and I am sad to say it again, Hippo's PRD is going to win again. Why, because its the party with most ignorants. They vote PRD because theyr parents voted PRD!How stupid and Blind is that?!

If Leonel does not pass with 50%+1 in the first round, he WONT be president....unless Mr. Guaroa, the guy who has placed the past 3 presidents in the presidential palace, decides.
Hail to the Thieves!!

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
RedDiablo,

A member of DR1 (can't remember who) stated that you seemed educated and I kind of had agreed but now I'm changing my mind. I have had discussions with PRD members and to my surprise they can't seem to grasp the deteriation that the present government has brought to DR. They appear to be programmed to support the PRD party even if it meant that it was announced that come the next election every PRD member will have to jump off a cliff. I supposed you would uphold such an event, right? Look, how blind must we be to see that this government incapable to run a town, never mind a nation? When would you appose such a government, when the country can no longer sustain itself and starts to sink under the depths of the ocean that surrounds it? You tell me. You have said a lot without being specific as to why you defend them. Please, give me or us some details and make your case as to why this government should continue in power. Put your great education to use. Oh, and while you are at it, please, tell me how you can justify the Hippo's mess with Pepe Goico. It definitely shows he is a man of honor, right? Let me see what this says about what the Hippo believes according to what happened with one of the biggests thieves in the DR. I can only assume that if the Hippo promoted a thief that he is a thief himself. Do you believe that would be too much of an assumption to make? Look, all I'm saying is that if you are going to make a case atleast do what some of the other posters have done and that is that they have given us tons of reasons/information based on facts and not opinions.

My two cents!

DR_DEFENDER

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I know nothing...

...but that never stops people from posting, so I'm in.

Not long ago I thought it impossible for the current to seek - nevermind win - another election. But that's been replaced by my understanding that common sense and logic have no residence here. Their apparently being held up in customs.

You'd think Hippo would be the best thing to ever happen to Fernandez's election aspirations. Some of the things that come from Hippo's mouth are inexplicable. But...

As a wise sage on this board once wrote "the people voted for him, and they deserve him". Whether those voters all really exist or they are just a black hole paper trail, it's cold reality when the "winner" is announced.

I'll be thankful for the week off of school when the election hits, hopefully Cabarete will be spared from burning tires.