travelling to dr from england

gary4

Sep 18, 2003
what is cheapest way/price to get to dr for (1-3 months from england) is it direct or into us or canada and onward from there

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
From the UK for a period of 1-3 months? Then forget the UK charters! Best to try for one of the European flights that come here. Try Martinair out of Amsterdam, Condor Air or LTU out of Germany as they sell extended stay tickets.
You can look via the USA but it will be more expensive.

malagajohnbhoy

Aug 21, 2003
look at travelling via miami with ba or virgin and then on down with american - probably depends on when you leave the UK

BA will take you to miami and abck for GBP 340 inc tax next month

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
MY two cents.

Buy the cheapest charter and don't use the return ticket. Then contact the same company and say you want to buy a ticket home. You'll have to buy another return ticket but I found it cheaper than an open ticket. Check that possibily out. I did that but it was out of Toronto.

BTW when are you leaving? Fares from Toronto are very cheap right now.
Check this site

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2002
I was searching for flights a couple of weeks ago. Cheapest I found was Gatwick to POP at around ?480 return excluding taxes. Only problem was the flights were via Amsterdam - fly in there late at night, out the next morning. Adds a hell of a lot of time onto the journey.

When are you planning on going? I'm always on the lookout for the last minute deals from the high street agencies, but there appears to be very little (if anything at all) to DR at the mo. This would suggest that the charter flights are already full.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Remember Americano?

Anna Coniglio said:
MY two cents.

Buy the cheapest charter and don't use the return ticket. Then contact the same company and say you want to buy a ticket home.

That seemed to have taken him the better part of a month to do.

staffordsmith

Sep 25, 2003
cheapest way to get to dr

cheapest way to get to dom republic is to book your self a one week holiday for about ?400 from spain and not return, however you do get a weeks holiday in a top resort all inclusive for this price. i live in spain and have been to dom republic about 8 times and never paid much more than this. If you want to know how to do this, drop me an email and i will give you some more info. or you can call me on 0034 606538443. If you are travaling alone you will have to pay a suppliment, and you will have to make your way to madrid to go to dom republic but this is easy to do and cheap via easyjet. hope this is of help. all the best stafford.

christremain

Aug 15, 2003
sorry if this is late !!!

Just read the post.

I have just booked a return charter via Sky Deals -

www.brittaniaairways.com

(very useful 'call me' facility)

for ?195 with a 35 day duration;)

I found them on www.cheapflights.co.uk into pop out of Gatwick.

They were advertised under '0800 flights' but answered the phon 'sky deals' - (doh!!)

Hope they can help.

Chris

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Unbelievable!!

Chris,
Check your booking please??? The 35 day thing seems really strange for these charters ex UK?? I have other people who tried for this deal and they were told it was not available and not correct???
Sorry to rain on your parade!
Peter

christremain

Aug 15, 2003
checked

Hi - thanks for highligting this.

Yep - I have checked it.

I have the receipt and a booking reference. called them this morning and it is all confirmed.

NO BULL. I had originally been given a price for ?211 ONE WAY. But they said they hadn't released them as single fares yet.

An hour later I found this price on the website - called them and booked it right away.

I was even looking to see the catch myself. asking -

Its a normal seat is it ? - not on the wings!
You have a meal do you ?

You are probably aware of the scam (started on teletext first) of publishing an 'unbelievable' fare and when you ring - oh dear, last one was just sold! BUT there is ........ available (thats ?200 more).

I too thought that this was going to be the case.

But the fares are still on Cheapflights.co.uk - several are offering a below ?200 fare.If I am the lucky one to get it then so be it. But it is booked and confirmed. As I said I ranf the 0800 flights one and got through to 'sky deals'.

I assumed it was the duration of 30+ days that would make it cheaper - trying to attract some of the grey market looking for a longer stay somewhere warm for the winter.

Good luck

Chris

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Good for you mate!!
I was only concerned, as the usual charter seats are for 14 day trips and suddenly putting 35 day offers together would mean that at some stage the incoming flight from 14 days before the outgoing flight due date of a 35 day stayer would have to have empty seats - otherwise the 35 day packages wouldn't have a seat out?? Or the 14 day package guy suddenly finds that his return seat is full of a 35 day package guy! Does that make sense???
Please? For my peace of mind - as I'm an old habitual organised fuddy duddy - check the in and out dates on your ticket??
The price is good though!! We've had similar price deals before but always for 14 day packages. Mind you, you can get 185 pounds from LGW to La Romana, not much good if you want the north coast though - take you a day and a night to get here by buses!!
Good luck
Peter
(By the way, we actaully live here so the interest is purely for our numerous visitors).

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
When are you heading out?

Chris,

When are you heading to the DR? I've been keeping an eye on the longer stay, cheap deals and they seem to be really good.

We are flying to POP on 16th Nov on a charter flight out of Gatwick to check out the apartment I bought once it's finished.

Been reading some of your other threads and would be interested in knowing how your relocation plans are coming on.

Cheers

Gary
(Reading, UK)

christremain

Aug 15, 2003
you will have some good company !!

Hi Gary

We are out on the 9th Nov. BUT, my dad is the one taking advantage of the good deal. He is out of Gatwick on the same day so I assume (bad thing to do I know) he is on the same flight.

Everything is going ok. Had a couple of hitches - mainly on the sale of the house here. We are soooo looking forward to it.

Where is your apartment ? Are you ok for a lift from the airport on the day ? PM or e-mail me. If I can help in any way I will be only too glad to.

Regards

Chris