Dominican Bay Resort, Boca Chica

tranbjerg

Sep 18, 2003
Has anyone stayed at the Dominican Bay Resort in Boca Chica?
I have booked a week's stay in mid-October and would like to hear about the hotel and also how the weather normally is like this time of the year. Thanks.

Lars M. Pedersen,
DENMARK

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
tranbjerg said:
Has anyone stayed at the Dominican Bay Resort in Boca Chica?
I have booked a week's stay in mid-October and would like to hear about the hotel and also how the weather normally is like this time of the year. Thanks.

Lars M. Pedersen,
DENMARK

It used to be the "Boca Chica Beach Resort" and is now a Hoteur property. The fact that it is 500 metres from the beach (or the bay if they had one) is of no concern obviously to the naming convention.

They have this elevated sidewalk thing that you walk on from the hotel to the beach ( compare to Hamaca or Don Juan who were clever enough to build ON the actual beach).

I assume it is clean enough. They seem to cater to Europeans as there is not one tour company poster or sign or other evidence of anything but French and German - they have a nice doctor who works out of there though (anyone may apply to see him - he is Nigerian and speaks Spanish and English). While my friend was getting fixed up I read the bumpf in the tour desk area.

But hey, you booked it alrady and next time you should ask BEFORE that. You'll do OK , as IMHO all All-Inclusives are equally non-touristic in atmosphere, food and local authenticity.

The weather is the same almost every day of the year there - 29-31C high, 22-24C low. Some rain showers, and clouds, pretty much out of hurricane season by then. I sure hope so as I am there the 11-19th , not in an AI of course.