Somethings never change

jt76

Jan 23, 2002
I have been gone from DR1 for at least 6 months. Yet nothing has changed you can still find at least 6 threads (each at least 3 pages long) filled with nothing but childish verbal attacks. Somebody is always trying to one-up their "rival" and the only thing we are left with is the question of why?
why would you spend your day attacking other peoples opinions or views?

When you have posters as Pib (as far as I know a clear headed and rational human being) apologizing for posts they make are we as a forum not better off ignoring those who are ignorant to common rules of ettiquette and decency?

P.S. Attack is not the same as entering into an argument or healthy discourse.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
easier said than done.

jt76 said:
When you have posters as Pib (as far as I know a clear headed and rational human being) apologizing for posts they make are we as a forum not better off ignoring those who are ignorant to common rules of ettiquette and decency?

I agree with you, we should ignore the troublemakers. But sometimes is overwhelming and you need to respond. In reading Pib's posts, I didn't think she was out of line at all. The fact that she apologized just reinforces my opinion of her. Nice lady indeed.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes you are right. But it seems to me that some people love attacking others no matter what the subject is and if you look at the number of views the silent majority love reading it.

Reminds me of the old, feeding people to the lions while the Romans watched and cheered mostly for the lions.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DR1 is like any community, we have all sorts. You just need to take the rough with the smooth. The last thing we need is a police state on DR1. Although it will make the life of the moderators and DR1 easier, it's not good for the long term success of the board.

You get out of DR1 what you put into it. If all you can see is problems and petty arguements, then I suggest you either take a deeper look or skip onto another site.