New to the board

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
I am new to this board, so please indulge me a little.

I have just come back from my second trip to the DR since May - and already want to go back.

Who am I and what am I all about? Well, I am Canadian, mid to late 30s, married for close to 10 years.

I love to travel, my husband does not. I went on this last trip on my own. What an experience!!!

The first trip was with my mom. One of the bartenders kept telling me that I am muy bonita (which I am not) and "te quiero". I kept saying that I am married - that didn't matter to him. I was flattered, but didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to this trip. On my own, looking for just some relaxation and down time. Same bartender, same charm...only much more so, probably since I was on my own. I have to admit that there was a part of me that was VERY tempted. The intensity of the looks kept getting more and more by the end of the week. I was feeling more beautiful, sexier, more desirable than I had ever felt in my life (or at least remembered feeling)! Didn't do anything about it - I do value my marriage and the trust that my husband and I have - but the fantasies were very nice! He kept asking me to go out with him and I said no right to the end.

To make a long story short, I gave him the camera I had taken down with me - not an expensive one, but still a decent one. I had bought one that I would not mind losing if it developed legs and walked away while I was at the beach etc. It cost me about $20 Canadian. Since my Spanish is limited and his English is about as good as my Spanish, we weren't really able to communicate that well, but it seemed like he appreciated the present. We parted with a hug and kisses on both cheeks.

I am not under the delusion that I am the great love of his life, nor that he is not using the same lines on any other girl he can. My take on it is... He got a new camera. I got a week of feeling young, beautiful and sexy (and the motivation to go back to watching my weight and exercising so that I can feel good about myself on my own). Frankly, I think I got the better end of the deal!

Life is what you make it. Every relationship you enter into, no matter how serious (or not) gives something to both parties. That's what makes us human. You just have to figure out whether it has reached the point that you are being taken advantage of.

All I can say is, I am planning another trip there for mid next year (once I have more vacation time). Should be very interesting. Not sure whether my hubby will be so quick to let me go on my own again (but I think he will).

Take care!

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
DRgirlaTheArt, welcome to the board.

I always find it interesting that people post their life stories. Canadia's cool...well it's cold cool. Just kidding. Dominicans are very flirty people, they will make you feel even more beautiful than you already do which is a great feeling. Though your husband should be your main source of a self-esteem boost not a bartender (in my humble opinion). And I'm sure you are naturually beautiful, you are a beautiful person on the inside and that should be excluding to your phsycial. Positive people have an inner beauty which makes them attractive, it's their aura.

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
Thanks

Thank you for the kind words! I guess, since I am a plus sized woman, it is a little harder for me to feel beautiful. I know my husband thinks I am, and he does tell me so, but after being together for 10 years, I guess the intensity has worn off a little. This little flirtation has had an added advantage, though. My husband has been paying a little more attention to me than he did before I left, and we may even be going away for the weekend in the near future. I don't know if it is because I am exuding more confidence in myself, or because he realizes that I have been missing his attention, but, hey, whatever works, right?

DRGirlAtHeart

Last edited:

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Thanks

DRgirlatheart said:
Thank you for the kind words! I guess, since I am a plus sized woman, it is a little harder for me to feel beautiful. I know my husband thinks I am, and he does tell me so, but after being together for 10 years, I guess the intensity has worn off a little. This little flirtation has had an added advantage, though. My husband has been paying a little more attention to me than he did before I left, and we may even be going away for the weekend in the near future. I don't know if it is because I am exuding more confidence in myself, or because he realizes that I have been missing his attention, but, hey, whatever works, right?

DRGirlAtHeart

Being volumptious shouldn't detract from a womens beauty. It just gives her man that much more to love. Age is also another thing that others feel fades away once distanct appeal. You could be an older woman and still be sexy. And at 30, that's not old at all. Perhaps it is when you are compairing yourself to the young teen pop stars of today but look at the cast of Friends aren't they all in their thirties (I'm not positive but I believe they all are). Then there are old yet still sexy singers like Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Cher, and countless others.

It's good that the flirtous dominican bartender boosted your-self esteem and that your husband currently is. But you should try to be self assure. Confident in yourself.

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Re: Re: Thanks

Chopical said:
...Then there are old yet still sexy singers like Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Cher, and countless others.

What??? You consider these women old??? You mean older, maybe, don't you? In comparison to..........oh, never mind. :speechles

Last edited:

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Indie said:
What??? You consider these women old??? You mean older, maybe, don't you? In comparison to..........oh, never mind. :speechles

Ummm....yeah...I mean older cause 40 isn't old or anything....Ummm....yeah... *backs out of the thread slowly*

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Re: Thanks

Chopical said:
Then there are old yet still sexy singers like Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Cher, and countless others.

Jennifer Lopez always looked like a Ho to me.

Madona is just a skank.

Janet Jackson was kind of cute but now she looks like a meaner Michael jackson.

Cher??????????????????? Give me a break. I have seen sexier bodies on a fence post.

I don't find a woman sexy or even attractive just because TV/Magazine/Movies tell me they are.