Hotel Madejra - Boca Chica

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Has anyone or know of anyone that has stayed at this Hotel in Boca Chica? It is across from the Hotel Europa. I am looking for a small hotel to stay at that is reasonable in price and half decent inside.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not Recommended

I haven't heard any positive comments about this place. For budget non AI, the ranking would be like this:

Costalunga
Garant
El Candil

Then any of these, Europa, Calypso, maybe Millanelli.

Just how small a budget do you need? At worst Costalunga is $40 US a day for a room with balcony, air, good bathroom with bidet, stove and fridge, and good cable TV, internet cafe and a restaurant.

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Rick,

All I need is 3 nights at one of the smaller hotels near Boca Chica. I checked out Hotel Garant's website, but all it gives me is the prices for a full week. Do they also rent on a per night basis? Now comes the big question, I am going down in the end of November and want to know how hard is it to get a room in one of these hotels last minute? Have you stayed at any of these hotels?

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Negrecita

Do not stay at Hotel Madjera(sp). It is a dump and the rooms are not that good. I have been in there to check it out and though inexpensive there are better options. I do not know Hotel Garant, I have seen it but do not know the hotel so can't give an opinion. I have been inside the El Candil and it is a nice hotel, unsure of costs but I can recommend in order that I like them:
Residence Los Pinos
Costa Lunga
Los Pinos is 30US a night no taxes. Most rooms have ac, kitchenette in all rooms, tv, security box, security guard, airport pickup. I usually always stay here in BC and balcony on 2nd/3rd floors.
Costal Lunga is nicer than Los Pinos but with taxes will be about 40US a night. Same anemities but with pool, internet center located there, and an italian restaurant there that I do not go to anymore because of high prices and the food is of moderate/good quality but not a place to eat on a budget.

Costa Lunga and Los Pinos are across the street from eachother and about a 3-5 minute walk to beach, depending on where you are trying to walk too. I really don't recommend staying near Duarte because it is loud especially at night. Both hotels mentioned are in peaceful setting and quiet. Costa Lunga which is nicer with pool but 10more approx a night with taxes, or Los Pinos which is cozy and clean for 30US a night, it depends on your budget and tastes.
dale7(Howard)

peep

Jan 2, 2002
Different hotels suit different people. I've been staying at Garant almost exclusively since before Ghislain bought the place. It suits me to a "T". Easiest thing to do is just call the owner (Ghislain) at 809 523 5544 and ask what kinds of rooms are available and how much he wants for it. There have only been a couple of times in the last ten years or so when he was booked full on the days I wanted to be there.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Garant = Yes

negrecita2003 said:
Rick,

All I need is 3 nights at one of the smaller hotels near Boca Chica. I checked out Hotel Garant's website, but all it gives me is the prices for a full week. Do they also rent on a per night basis? Now comes the big question, I am going down in the end of November and want to know how hard is it to get a room in one of these hotels last minute? Have you stayed at any of these hotels?

Per my "byline" I know them ALL. Stick to what I recommended. End of November you can get a room, I would think at all of them. Since you don't really need a credit card etc., why not book it now anyway? You can always cancel.

Garant offers nightly rates too. Only the suites are airconditioned and are at least US$50. Cash only. Go to www.bocachicabeach.net and you will find almost all AI and non-AI hotels and contact info. If I recall correctly the Garant has a 800# for use in N. America.

Frankly it is $10 US plus tax more than the Costalunga which is still choice #1 by a long shot.