Any Santiagueros here?

carcoll

Mar 31, 2003
just wondering if anyone on this post is living in Santiago( my old home town).........I miss it dearly!

linz

Jan 30, 2003
check it out

check out the 'location' thread in this forum. dawn's been working hard on it!

carcoll

Mar 31, 2003
Thanks !!

Thanks!!
wow, Dawn -great job........

you can add me(I'm a bit new here)

Santiaguera living in NYC!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Originally from Pakistan (grew up in USA) now I live in santiago. Never have been more happier in life.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Actually work brought me to santiago, I was living in puerto plata before. Now it seems the santiagueras are keeping me here for good. hahaha

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Zeus, from Santiago, las tres cruces. Grew up hanging around el monumento where my father worked (years ago). Living in NYC washington heigths...

Adios,

Zeus (primus inter pares)

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
SEMI-DITTO

Indie, grew up in Santiago's Reparto del Este, and NYC's Washington Heights. Also hung out at El Monumento a lot. Now living in Ft. Lauderdale.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry to tell you guys but Manumento has become the ultimate chopo hangout in santiago. There is usually a stiff traffic jam at night. The chopos and recently arrived Dominican-york park their chopo mobiles with boom boxes blasting Bachata or cheap ghetto merengue music. If you are refering to the monumento area (rather than manumento itself) then the only place which is the happening point is Ahi-Bar. Every tourist is urged to go have a cold one in Ahi-Bar, where all the prettiest girls from town and even handsome guys meet to start off the evening. Then they scatter away to other discos and bars of their own choice.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
These people live in "The Heights" AZB!!!!!

They will feel right at "HOME" at "El Monumento!!!

You can always take the "CHOPO" out of the DR,but you can't take the DR out of the "CHOPO"!

CCCCCCCC:confused:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I went to the Monumento to take some pictures and after being there for 10 minutes I left.

Besides the 500 kids that approached me to sell me garbage, I could barely hear what my cousin was trying to tell me. My wife could not believe that the gov't would allow the Monument to be used as a hang out area.

Azb, I thought I saw you there for a second but then realized it was not you..lol

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Pray tell.....

At what point during your busy day did it become clear (to some of you in this thread) that it was a good idea to cough up your infectious insults?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Time for another insult... hehehehehe

The basic signs of a dom-york chopo:

When they arrive, the first thing they do is visit the monumento while playing loud ghetto music in their modified chopo imitation sports car, Honda civic.

The the second thing they do is religiously frequent Ambis disco. Act rich, speak english in their cheap bronx accent ex: wha happen, watcha doooing????....

Now if the guy is a serious career chopo, he goes hooker hunting with his chopo buddies to kelvin carwash.

These fake santiagueros have no idea what Tribecca bar is all about (most likely they will be refused entery if they are wearing their baggy ganster pants with a Hot hair-do. They have no idea what francifol cafe is all about. They don't know where palermo bar is located. In fact, they don't even know how to even find neighborhoods like Villa olga, ceros de gurabo and los jardines, etc. They all seem to stay in barrios that we have never heard of, or scared to walk into ex: cien fuego, cristo rey, monte (something), inco etc etc. Most dom-york santiagueros are from las colinas.

Note: if you are not one of the types above then you will instantly feel uncomfortable in such locations (as Cmedina did).

another note: many newly rich dominican -york chopos who try to act elegant usually are seen in tribecca bar with a group of other chopos with bad (curly hair) and fine lines of tigre beard, always drinking a bottle of wine (santa rita 120) and passing comments at other fake ghetto princesses. They never seem to fail at exibiting their characteristics in this particular style. Its just too funny to watch them as all the elegant well-to-do educated dominicans can point these dom-york chopos out from miles away. These poor folks just don't get it.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
How are they get in??????

AZB said:
The basic signs of a dom-york chopo:

another note: many newly rich dominican -york chopos who try to act elegant usually are seen in tribecca bar with a group of other chopos with bad (curly hair) and fine lines of tigre beard, always drinking a bottle of wine (santa rita 120) and passing comments at other fake ghetto princesses. They never seem to fail at exibiting their characteristics in this particular style. Its just too funny to watch them as all the elegant well-to-do educated dominicans can point these dom-york chopos out from miles away. These poor folks just don't get it.

When I was there not long ago, the very type you described were turned down. Don't tell me they found a way to get in? If you don't look right, or are a regular, you can't get into Tribecca. I wonder if they have inside help. A simple telephone call w/ take care of that.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
AZB, CC... kiss my santiaguero ass

These two MORONS think they can insult people left and right... let me tell you something I'm very proud to be from Santiago and if you don't like the way we're, take your hindu ass out of my country and get back to your snakes and cows...

Zeus (primus inter pares)

Apr 26, 2002
Re: AZB, CC... kiss my santiaguero ass

ZEUS said:
... take your hindu ass out of my country and get back to your snakes and cows...

Sorry Zeuz, but wrong ethnic slurs. AZB is actually an American - a Moslem-wannabe - of Pakistani descent. So try mentioning suicide bombings or goat-love - topics more dear to his heart.