Warning

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
A Few Notes

1. The site linked to is in Spanish. You can find English versions by changing the location Sitios Mundiales pull down list.

2. They scan BUT DO NOT REMOVE viruses. Since they sell the #1 Virus scanner and remover, doing it online for free would be kind of counterproductive.

3. You need a later version of IE to run their scans, not Mozilla/Netscape.

It is worth a look but is not a substitute for having Norton AV running now and all the time.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not at all!

calamardoazul said:
a big OOPS, even Calamardoazul gets wrong sometimes:confused:

On line diagnostics for someone without the proper softare at least identifies the problem. There are several AV software vendors that offer this service.

If you are short of $$$ Grisoft sells (well, gives away) an AV program with regular updates and so on for free for non-commercial , e.g. home use.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Re: Not at all!

ricktoronto said:
If you are short of $$$ Grisoft sells (well, gives away) an AV program with regular updates and so on for free for non-commercial , e.g. home use.
Being the broke college student that I am, I use Grisoft. I've had Norton and Mcafee in the past and I believe Grisoft is just as good. The best part is that it's free to d/l and you get free updates. No yearly subscriptions like Norton. I highly recommend Grisoft.

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Re: Hey JDUB

calamardoazul said:
Where grisoft could be downloaded?:cool:
Have you tried a Google search? That may be quickest way to find the site

Best, P

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Re: Hey JDUB

calamardoazul said:
Where grisoft could be downloaded?:cool:

If you haven't already searched google, here's the direct link: http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
The only thing you have to do is register (which I hate doing) to get the free updates. Regular updates are necessary because new viruses come out all the time. A virus program is useless if it isn't updated (sorry for the sales pitch, I thank my old job at CompUSA). Anyways, after you register they'll send you the product key through email, and that's it!!! They won't fill up your mailbox with spam. Hope I helped.