Frequent Flyer Questions

nashville dude

May 27, 2003
Listen, I think I may be a dman fool. I have flown AA about 5 times the last 18 months( several trips to the DR included). I'm planning to go back to the DR in January. How do the airlines keep track of frequent Flyer miles? Do I have to be signed up or somthing? Have I simply missed out on these miles??
Whats going on here. Also, If I have made a fool of myself, please call me a "damn fool" when replying.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
if you have your Advantage number go to aa.com and sign up.

also check off the option that will send you a monthly statement via email. On aa.com you will be able to obtain all your account info.

if you encounter any issues, call AA and they will help you get set up.

you are not being a "damn fool" at all

if I missed anthing, Escott will reply to you soon.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Dude,
If you are already an Advantage member, you can still claim those miles by submitting documentation (usually boarding card stubs) to AA, and they'll credit your account. I've done this before, even in the case of claiming One World miles when I hadn't originally realized a Latin American carrier I used was a One World member. I'm not sure if you can credit recent miles if you're not already an Advantage member -- doubt it! in which case you might have been a damned fool, especially if you knew you'd be traveling so often to the DR. :confused: Go to aa.com -- they have all the info there you need to address this issue, including FAQs, and a number [AAdvantage Customer Service at 1-800-421-0600] to call to get a human being to help you sort this out, ok?
Good Luck!
Keith

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
From AA.com

If you haven't joined yet there is no retroactivity. If you have joined, the last year's worth can be submitted with the data per flight. Good luck. This is a tough thing to do after the fact.

9. Request Mileage Credit

Q: How do I request mileage credit that hasn't been applied to my account?
A: Select 'AAdvantage' from the side menu and then 'Request Mileage Credit.' For AA flight credit, fill out the form with applicable information and submit. This page also contains information on where to send mileage credit requests for non-airline participants such as hotels, car rentals, and special services.

Q: How long should I wait before I request my mileage credit?
A: You should wait a minimum of 15 days from the completion date of your trip. For mileage credit transactions with other partners, allow a minimum of 30 days from the transaction. <I>Any request for mileage not credited to your account must be requested within 12 months of the activity</I>. <B>Activity prior to your enrollment date is not eligible for mileage credit</B>.

Q: Once I request the mileage credit, how long will it take to be applied to my account?
A: Allow up to 30 days for miles to be posted to your account.