Fina Air schedule

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Fina Air is operating onder code number UI (San Juan Aviation)

Fina Air will start in from next week

San Juan to Punta Cana

8:00am (SJU) 8:45am (PUJ) UI 200 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

10:45am (SJU) 11:30am (PUJ) UI 202 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

1:15pm (SJU) 2:00pm (PUJ) UI 204 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

4:15pm (SJU) 5:00pm (PUJ) UI 206 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

Punta Cana to San Juan

9:30am (PUJ) 10:15am (SJU) UI 201 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

12:30pm (PUJ) 1:15pm (SJU) UI 203 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

2:30pm (PUJ) 3:15pm (SJU) UI 205 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

5:30pm (PUJ) 6:15pm (SJU) UI 207 San Juan Aviation 45 mins

Mo Th Fr Su *Valid 2 Oct 2003 until 1 Oct 2004

Last edited:

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Guys it's very impresive on paper but as i've said before and i'll explain it again "SAN JUAN AVIATION DBA COOL TOURS" their USDOT economic authority is for commuter which is for aircraft of 10 pax seats or less for scheduled flights, Fina operates 30 passenger aircraft for which SAN JUAN AVIATION DBA COOL TOURS does not have economic authority to operate a SAAB 340 "under scheduled rights" which means that FINA needs to be FAR 121 certified to be able to operate scheduled flights in an airplane with a seating capacity above 10 passenger seats even if they opt to use SAN JUAN AVIATION DBA COOL TOURS USDOT economic authority they would be operating contrary to US regulations.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
I wonder how a 135 certificate is going to operate a DC-9.
cooool!!!

sanjuanaviation

May 4, 2004
Talking about ignorance...

eli said:
I wonder how a 135 certificate is going to operate a DC-9.
cooool!!!

Eli; Now seven months have passed since the last time this forum was active under your direction.

All I have to add at this point is that, "Eli" , you need to be added to the Aviation's hall of Shame. My best laughs to you, bud. San Juan Aviaton is still here, kicking and better than ever.

San Juan Aviation has never (and will never) been involved with companies such as Fina Air, nor the Scheduled Authority has or ever been able to be transferrable. That is the reason companies such as SJA undergo 8-12 monthts intensive screenings, plus many other things you may not understand to get the so called "authority".

San Juan Aviation (JI, not UI) is (still) a scheduled commuter operating Beech 100's, (not 1900's). Air Santo Domingo (which is no longer a scheduled commuter) was operating 1900's (they still do some limited 1900's operations). The reasons why we published our schedules the way we do, are far beyond the reaches of your understanding, but if you wish to learn, we would be willing to give you some teaching to help you understand a little how the industry works.

One thing is safe to say: The mere fact that your may be able to read a DOT docket (public document) over the internet does not make you an eminency in the subject. Still you cited wrong what the docket states: According to the FAR's SJA cannot operate airplanes with more than 10 seat capacity, or nine passengers excluding any pilot's seats, under Scheduled Commuter authority. Still, SJA is not interested in engaging Air Transportation in other types of airplanes, particularly bigger ones. (we at SJA have our reasons).

Before I say goodbye to this forum, I will leave you with this message:

Who ever said that flying in style was for rich people only?
Flying with San Juan Aviation offers stress - free flying,
On-time service, and elegance that outperforms most operators today.

Travel with us and discover how rich people travel.
Get there on time.....get there in time!

www.sanjuanaviation.com

Apr 26, 2002
I'm confused. Eli questioned all of the misinformation provided by others regarding San Juan Aviation. Then SanJuanAviation posts to slam Eli for correctly questioning all of the wrong information previously posted.

What am I missing here?

sanjuanaviation

May 4, 2004
what I think...

Dear Porfirio.

I have to say, Im not too interested in forums. Being here is a sheer accident, just bumped on the link looking for something else, and was totally outraged of how much trash can people write and say. Since Im here now, I think everyone has to read what I have to say on behalf of SJA.

Good old Eli was NOT entirely correct when questioning everyone else. If he was, his arguments and expressions would have been quite different.

He is indeed citing pretty much correctly about the scheduled authority, but FAR's clearly states that there is 9-or less passenger seats operations, and 10-or more passenger seats operations. FAR 135 reaches up to 30 seats, if on demand. If you are to operate airplanes on scheduled basis using more than 9 passengers, then you need to go FAR 121. In our case, we did not wish to upgrade that high, although we could apply for it. Our airplanes hold up to 13 passengers each.

Mainly, our reason of keeping our seating capacity down to 9 passengers or less is due to maintenace, and operations reasons. Experience has taught us to operate sensibly, and wisely, keeping the highest level of safety, training, and professionalism, and yet at the same time, maximize revenues. Do not be mistaken; by increasing the amount of passengers, so the amount of expenses increases. Often this results in many operators cutting corners on their training programs, maintenance programs, and in general, all levels of safety. No way for us. We spend BIG money just in maintaining our fleet, from the tiniest detail like a stain on a carpet, shinning and buffing paint finishes, to the most expensive details, like turbine engine components. We invite anybody to take a closer look at any one of our planes.

Fina air...what is that? Are you ready for this? That company does not even deserve to be mentioned here in this forum, since this forum talks about a scheduled commuter, that has all the approvals, and went through all the neccesary screenings to be approved by the Federal Govenment as a reliable airline that is capable to operate without dissapearing in the next year or more, and that is fully authorized to issue ticket stock and collect money before hand, months before the actual flight takes place.

The reason why the DOT requires such screening to issue the approval is simply to protect the interest of the public and avoid airline fraud.

I have nothing personal against the owner of fina, (trust me, I know the man...he used to sell us jet fuel before he decided to become a competitor). However, his business practices are a quite notorious around here. He's notorious for a few scandals in the past, related to phantom charter sales, more than once in the past, and his new toy, Fina, is doing almost as bad.

This is why we hate and find totally offensive being compared or associated with those guys on any way or manner.

They DO operate two Saabs. (they had three here until one lost a cowling and in the process damaged a propeller beyond repair...personally I think accidents do happen and is pretty unfortunate for them...sorry about that Lazaro). These Saabs originated at Nashville, TN airport (dumped Saab land at the Embreaer facility), where they were leased (rented) from Aero Century Corp. from Mr. Steven H. Wallace, and Aircraft remarketer. from Lenexa, Kansas (I have the man's card since he wanted me to take a few of those saabs with me too...they are getting rid of them like rotten fish).

Eversince they brought the planes here, they have had nothing but trouble with them, no only with the airplanes, that are quite a bit of a handful, but also, their operation is quite disorganized, and disoriented. Luckily they have a few good pilots remaining that are good professionals, and are keeping the boat from sinking.

Their expressions of expansionism and market invasion are not well based. They do not have the necessary foundations, organization, knowledge and expertise to back up their words, much less to express the way they do.

Many people thought they would not last out more than just a few months, but in the end, any company can last as long as the owner's ability to stay in business. I guess it is up to them.

I'd say I would leave them to American Eagle...they know what to do with big mouth operators. Those are the big guys in the block.

cara

Feb 21, 2003
cual sera la situacion entre FINA y QUEEN air si Fina opera con SAN JUAN, lo que creo que podra ser como charter y mercadeado como vuelo regular.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
I, too, have backed off the forums because of the flame-baiting and lack of (credible) information.

But my question is does Fina and/or Viva still exist? Their website has been "under construction" for sometime. It was up for about a day until I politely informed them they were using copyrighted photos from Airliners.net. It has been down ever since.