Where to stay in Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Hi, a friend and I will be in Puerto Plata the first week of Feb. We wanted to rent an apartment for the time that we will be there. (10 days) We have already done the AI and ended up most of the time in the city anyway. So, my question is where to stay? Has anyone stayed in the Torre Alta area? Can anyone recommend a nice two bedroom apt rental? We have friends that live there and might stay with us for a couple of days, so it should be a place where guests are welcome. I'm still debating whether to rent a car. Safe? When I was there last month I spent a bunch of money taking cabs from the hotel to the city. Don't want to spend that much again on just getting around. Any advice would be great.
Thanks,
Minni

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I have a condo in Sosua I rent out but it is rented for February. I may be able to find a neighbors apartment for you if they are not already booked. If you have an interest you can see my Condo and get an idea what the others look like. Mine will be a little nicer than that others since I just renovated but you will get the idea and info on the complex.

http://www.dominicancondorental.com

Let me know if you are interested and I will ask around for you. I may know of a 2 bedroom directly facing kite beach in Cabarete also but you would need either motoconcho or cabs from there to get around unless you take gua guas which is cheap but crowded.

Scott

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Scott

I would appreciate if you could talk to your neigbors. I would would rather stay in Puerto Plata or Sosua. My friend has objections to staying in Cabarete.
Thanks!
Minni

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Scott

The days that we'll be in Pop will be Jan.30-Feb.8. Anything you can find out would be great.

Question: When you rent out to someone are the utlities included in that price? My friend spoke to someone that said he would rent to us for about $600 US. That it included all the utilities, and to beware that someplaces or people quote $250-$300, but don't tell you about other addition costs until you arrive, so your stuck paying additional for electricity, water etc. Have you heard of this happening?

Thanks,
Minni

S

Stephen

Everything.................

.................that you can imagine happens here!

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
apartment

Hi Minni,

I have few apartments for rent in Sosua at the condos Neptuno,5 minutes walk from the beach,pool, in the heart of Sosua, fully furnished
If you are interested, the rent starts for a 2 bedroom at $485.00 per week, send me an email at : info@sunnyvillaholidays.com and I will be glad to help you out.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.