all inclusive

henri

Sep 26, 2003
Hello

I am looking for an all inclusive one week stay in a good place for a 10 years old kid (and me...her father) as close as possible from the capitale ?
Thank you for the help

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Total waste of money but it's your money...

I think the all inclusives are a waste of money (that is you don't save as much as you think) and offer no tourist experience at all realtive to the country you are in, since once one is inside you could be in the DR, Cuba, panama, without any cultural exposure at all.

Be that as it may, you are the one asking so to be close to the capital and literally 10 minutes from the airport you go to Boca Chica, and stay at one of ( in order of quality, so to speak):

Hamaca ( owned by Hilton)
Don Juan
Dominican Bay ( owned by Hoteur)

The next town to the east, Juan Dolio also has a few but since it is not closer to the capital than Boca Chica, pick Boca Chica.

All you need to know is here:

www.bocachicabeach.net

Of course most travel agents will sell air and hotel packages including these resorts. The bad news lately is they now tend to fly into La Romana which is east of Juan Dolio so you actually are using an airport far from the capital but staying in a town close to it.

P.S. Mentioning a 10 year old girl and you as the travelling pair, be aware you may be required to have proof of that relationship and also that you may be asked about the mother's consent. As people may get the wrong impression about men travelling with female children, from the dual points of view of no-good behaviour/abuse or parental abduction, make sure you have papers in order and a notarized letter in Spanish from her mother.

Last edited: