A question for all

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymo517

Oct 4, 2003
Is it possible to find a diamond in the rough?
Now before you say here we go again, here's a little background.

I've have been coming to DR, mainly NC for the last two years, I was invited by a friend who has been coming for the last five years. He boasted about the music, beaches, lack of crime and DR is very cost effective. (Five days in DR with everything included $700 as to Aruba $799 for flight & hotel only, we didn't even have a drink yet, before DR, Brazil was his favorite place) He did say that "danger exists" but not to worry.
Well, I was blown away, everything he said was right, the live bands, beaches, and the food plus the peace and quiet was great. We've been on non-stop drive ever since, everyday in a different town or city, stopping to talk to people, drink and enjoy the music (lots of drinking and driving). He's a guy who falls into the "Puta-less vacation" type. I read about the prositution and was prepared, but only encountered small amounts of it. Only the usual ploys to get money, need money for sick baby, mother is sick, rent is due,...ect. No big deal.

But one trip was different, my friend missed his flight & I arrived one day before him, I stayed in Casa Linda, until till he arrives. That day while shopping in Puerta Plata, I met a woman who blew me away, voice so sweet, eyes so sexy....you get the idea. Her friend introduced me to her, (you know, the old trick, my friend likes you, but too shy to talk to you) My first thought was here we go, she'll ask for money, do all the things I have read about, but "NO". I never considered myself having features of a person with Hispanic decent in my background, I'm just a regular blackman, nothing special, but they thought I was. She is a great person & I had so much fun with her, I cannot get her off my mind, I've returned a couple of times with my friend, but usually stayed an extra two days to visit her. I can tell that even though I was welcomed by her family, I am always going to be an outsider. I get the feeling they think of the world as "KIN and EVERYONE ELSE". She never asked for money, I just took her out to eat, car washes and the beach, plus got lots of help with my bad spanish.

Would I be wrong to ask her to come to the U.S.?
Well, my friends and co-workers say she just wants papers, but I say SO WHAT. My friends favorite phrase about vacationing abroad is "The less emotion expressed there the better." Getting papers to the U.S. isn't so easy (thanks to 9/11), it might be different in other countries, so I thought of just asking her to stay with me two weeks, TEMPORARY VISA, after that if she wants to go home, come back, see me or not, then so be it. If I never say her again then thats how it goes. Nothing lost, just time. My friends makes more money then me so me traveling every month like he does will end, so why not take it to a new level?

Another thing I thought of, Why don't I take here to another country? ex. Jamacia. I'm always on her turf, around her friends and family. We would be alone and have no choice to be with each other and experience a different culture. So, if its a game, I know. After all, all you need is a passport to get to Jamacia & if she ran away, she would be worse off there, then in DR.

AM I CRAZY?

PS Please don't blast me too bad.....:nervous:

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
Just do a search of the archives there's a thousand stories like yours. Unfortunately most of them have an unhappy ending. I do wish you good luck and I hope everything works out for the best.

Ramon

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
i say go for it. some things dont work out, but you wouldn't get very far if you never took a chance.

you only regret the things you dont do ......................

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
jaymo517, I assume she is Dominican. If so, the question isn't whether you should take her to the US but whether you can get a visa to do so. Your chances are pretty slim.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Women change after they get their hooks into you

I think Dominican women change more drastically, but I am not objective.

If it is a game it may not even be 100% intentional, I think Dominican women do this instinctually, they can be very sweet and accomodating (even appear intellectual and open minded) as long as you still have a choice whether to be with them or not.

Once they move in, or they know they've "got" you for whatever reason, everything changes. (OK, actually it takes about a week) Pay close attention to how they treat the kids (and pets) in the house when you are visiting the family, you are going to be one of them.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Jaymo, no matter what anyone says, you will do what your heart tells you. I think you've made up your mind about what you will do, so validation from anyone here should not matter.

Learn Spanish, keep your eyes open and most importantly have FUN!
Visas are difficult, but not impossible.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Hey Follow your heart!

If you like the girl..go for it. Maybe a trip to Jamaica would be good to test the waters..What have you got to lose but money and a little time..Let everyone know how it turns out! I say go for it! :) PAM

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Something to think about.....

jaymo517 said:
I can tell that even though I was welcomed by her family, I am always going to be an outsider.

Do you really want to go into a relationship where you won't be totally accepted by the family? That w/ just add to all the other problems you're going to encountered in a long distance relationship.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How long after you met her,did you screw her?

If the answer is "days",you have your answer! If she would have sex with you,a stranger,from another country,within a few days,she has been screwing foreigners before! There are NO "fairy Tales" in the DR!
cc

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I just don't get this: unhappy gringos coming to DR to get married again to restart the miserable cycle all over again.
Whats this business about getting her a visa and taking this relationhip to the next level.
Let me tell you about dominican style "next level": have fun with her, use the condom or just plain flesh with flesh (whatever turns you on my man) and when she becomes boring, move on to a newer model. She won't commit suicide, chances are she is already enjoying the tube steak while you are away. Don't take this personally, I live here and I know the poor (dead_end) barrio culture. If you offer her hot oven bread, then she will certainly ask for butter. So don't spoil her and get your money's worth.
Just let her live where she belongs and enjoy the sex. This is what life is all about in the touristy town. Have fun but never tie the knot.
P.S. don't listen to the novela tear jerking women, they will all tell you the same BS "go for it...follow your heart...love conquers all... etc etc".

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
laura h said:
you only regret the things you dont do.
Such good advice from everybody. AZB! Where were you before I got married to a Dominican. NOW you tell me! Damn!

Still, I agree with the post above 100%. I do not want to spend my dieing days thinking about things I might have done but was too timid to try. I lived my life by that standard and won't change now. Go for it! But keep your eyes open, and your hands on your wallet, 'bruh.

Tom (aka XR)

jaymo517

Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for you repies, (I'm sure I wasn't the first to ask this question) even AZB. I will give it another six months, to see if she messes up, like I heard they all eventuallly do. I wasn't planning on giving her the keys to the mansion so soon, just take her to a new enviroment to see if the sweetness stays. Time will tell & thanks again everyone... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.