Set it up DR1 get together

November 20th DR1 get together

Someone take the bull by the horns and setup and afternoon get together at Rocky's or Eddys.

Hlywud and Warden will be down Nov. 16 - 23 at the Viva Tangerine. Now don't go ape shit because I am staying AI, the price was so good, a flights cost and a free room couldnt come close.

Hope to meet up with some of you guys

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Details Wud. How much and where are you landing? Looking for good deal for Nov. 24

Thanks

details

I sent you the details Anna.

Robert , I'd rather someone else set it up and be in the drivers seat, for an afternoon beer and snack and I'll get there, Xanaduranch I am sure would pick me up.
Gotta meet HB also I have a specialty for him.

Eddy's or Rocky's make no difference, I would just like to meet up with a gang of DR1'ers.
Been years since I have been on the North Coast.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You should have planned your trip for the big Thanksgiving party that you knew was planned for the 27th.

Ken

Wish I could have but holiday time, I have 365 days a year off, while the Warden only gets 3 weeks, but I also will be down on Jan. 27/04 at the Riu's complex.

Even if I only meet up with a few that is ok by me.
Ken, Bushbaby, hb, escott, xanaduranch, Marco, Eddy and whoever is around.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Since you're in Cabarete already, how about sitting on the beach in Cabarete, instead for a change? GirlieGirl and her sister have a shop along the strip and I am sure would love to meet you. Plus Peter & Alex live on the beach, and Chris and hubby are just up the road in Islabon, too.

But either way, a ride to the action is no problem, wud. If you want we could pick you up and head down to Sosua for a few drinks and some pool at Eddy's, and then snare whoever else wanted to come along and hook up with the rest for a nightcap on the beach with some food in Cabarete.

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thursday, November 20, 2003

Wud, all we really need then is:
  1. What time for us to pick you up in Cabarete?
  2. What time for everyone to hook-up in Sosua? 3PM-4PM?
  3. Where? Eddy's so we can play a little pool?
  4. What time to caravan to the beach in Cabarete? I suggest 7PM for Girlie Girl & friends to join us right after their store closes.
    [/list=1]We'll wait to hear what you decide, but the date's already circled on the calendar.

Tom (aka XR)

date

might have to be the 21st, it is a Friday and HB is available that day. Can have a party without the ole HB. HB is no longer a problem we are going to his hovel on the 21st for a personal meeting.

Will let you all know as we get near departure.

Is there a preference of either Sosua or Cabarete, I have no problems with either, still want to meet up with Rocky as well as Eddy, so let me know preferences. Then I will get in contact with Xanaduranch to see what we can workout.

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Any day is fine by me. But I think if it is Friday Alba won't be along because she has to head back to Santiago for school on Saturday.

As to location, why not just both? We have to drive you back to Cabarete anyway, and a meal at a restaurant on the beach with the waves rolling in on the shore like LAX, or Papi's while we continue the alcohol intake would be a great end to the night, and give some of the Cabarete DR1 folks a chance to join in.

Heck, Mr JanH might still be around even then if he can convince Jan the house in Casa Linda continues to suffer earthquake damage which requires further inspection.

:rolleyes:

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
XanaduRanch said:

Heck, Mr JanH might still be around even then if he can convince Jan the house in Casa Linda continues to suffer earthquake damage which requires further inspection.

(aka XR)

That just killed any chance Doug had of getting back before Christmas.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
I am all down...

Cabarete is cool with me. On Fridays and Saturdays we close at 8... but we can cut out early if it is slow. Just let me know the place and time. Only requirement is that their is sand undr my feet...

GG

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
Newbie types welcome??

Hi

Any chance of a couple of DR newbie types from the UK joining in to get to know more people? If this is an established friends reunion then don't worry a polite 'no' will not offend me.

We've signed up for the 27th at Rocky's but it would be good to meet some people before then. There's always the option of going back to my place at Caribe Campo after hours to keep the alcohol content topped up.

Gary :smoke:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Well ...

Newbies, no problem. But Britisher newbies? I dunno! I think we'd have to get group approval for that.

I am not even sure we should post where and when we are really going to swill brews for Robert to see! He makes such awkward passes at Eddy's Angels, it's really embarrasing for anyone hip, you know. If it's not to Frenchie for you, think Jerry Lewis trying to make a pass at a girl in any 'Lewis & Martin' movie and you've got it. Entertaining sort of in the way people used to line up to watch staged train wrecks.

I really have to teach him how to get 'down' and get 'funky'. Even Lawrence Welk's version of 'down' and 'funky' would be an improvement. :: smile :: AZB? CrisCo? Care to help me with the Rob project?

Tom (aka XR)

Just kidding! Come on down and meet the gang, such as it is! And Rob's really a British Tiger in publisher's clothing. Really! NO! He didn't edit my post to make me say that. REALLY! He IS! And any Angels out there? Just send him a PM ...

:confused:

First edited by Robert on 10-08-2003 at 06:45 PM

Last edited: