Visitors Visa to Toronto, Canada

krazy_4_you

Jun 7, 2003
hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help us. We are trying to get a friend of ours to Toronto, Canada for a holiday ( he is Dominican) does anyone know what source of documents or anything that we need to get accepted for a visitors visa???

any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

norman

Apr 10, 2003
www.muskokaweddings.com
krazy_4_you said:
hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help us. We are trying to get a friend of ours to Toronto, Canada for a holiday ( he is Dominican) does anyone know what source of documents or anything that we need to get accepted for a visitors visa???

any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Unless they are very well off and have such things like property and other assets forget it. The only chance you have to go to an immigration lawyer and get them to make the application with a really good story even then a slim chance to none.Most dominicans can't leave period.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
It is simply not true that most people cannot leave. If you prepare things properly, its entirely possible.

#1 most important: Show ties in the DR. Have them get a letter from the company they work from, that they're attending some kind of exhibition or training in Canada, and that those skills they learn will be immediately used back in the DR for the good of the company.

Also show ties by owning land/a house/renting an apartment, having family, attending school, etc.

#2 Show why they're going. Have them get a good letter from the other end, stating what its for, why its important, etc.

#3 Ask for the visa for as short a time as possible. If they only plan to be there for 5 days, ask for a 5 day visa only. A short trip is better. They can always get another visa later.

krazy_4_you

Jun 7, 2003
Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I hope we manage to get it approved.... I Know that it is very difficult..but nothing is impossible. We should manage to eventually get it.

Thanks again, wish us luck! :cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please don't get your hopes up.

Unless the person already has a tourist visa to the USA, he will have a snowball's chace of getting one to Canada.

You can try, but i would spend no more than the necessary postage.

If he doesn't qualify for a visa to the US he won't make it to Canada, that is for sure.

Job? Property? Credit Cards? Family, like Wife and Kids? All these are fakeable and have been done before...

Sorry, just MHO

HB

norman

Apr 10, 2003
www.muskokaweddings.com
Re: Please don't get your hopes up.

Hillbilly said:
Unless the person already has a tourist visa to the USA, he will have a snowball's chace of getting one to Canada.

You can try, but i would spend no more than the necessary postage.

If he doesn't qualify for a visa to the US he won't make it to Canada, that is for sure.

Job? Property? Credit Cards? Family, like Wife and Kids? All these are fakeable and have been done before...

Sorry, just MHO

HB
When you find out actually how many visitors visas are actually granted by Canada to Dominicans you will have your answer and your odds on getting one .

ronnyalex

Nov 11, 2003
What do you need to get friend to come to canada

Step to try to get the visa

1- He need to be patient

2- the person who is in the windows at the Canadian embassy
will give a little tickets saying that he need to come 10 days later
after drop the documents and fees.

3- remenber the process are in Haiti not the Dominican Rep.

4- The only person who is helpfull is the security Guard "El guachiman" at the least he is the only one who tell you good luck

5- Then 10 days later you come back and the lady will give back the passport and the documents, and she will say have a good afternoon. even that you paper are ok and have prove you will
return back to the Island the case will be refuse.

Remenber this, you never will get a interview with a Immigration officer what ever you show is not enought, not even for my girlfriend she is a Canadian citizen Journalist they dont give an answer why they refused me 3 times in 2 year.

I dont know whats going on there, but a friend of mind who is Canadian citizen she is married with a Dominican guy and she got fustrated and moved to the Dominican Rep.

Read the files from 1999 in this site.

Try to talk with a Canadian Representative at the Canadian Embassy make sure that person be Canadian to find out how to get you friend visit you.

Good luck!
:confused: ::bored:

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
Visitor Visa's to Canada

Krazy_4_you ...

In the summer of 2002 Canada enacted a new immigration act, referred to as "IRPA". Among other things .. the new act aims to make the process more transparent and instill procedural fairness ....

Visit the Canadian immigration web site and read the on-line operation manuals.

In terms of packaging a "winning" application for a TRV (temporary residents visa) .. I would look to the response of "adrianb" for guidance .. s/he hit the "nail on the head" in terms of what you need to show and the documentation required.

If you PM me I can give you more info off-the-board.

IB

Last edited:

ronnyalex

Nov 11, 2003
I don't think thats can help

Islanbreeze

Look at the things in this way:

Not matter what do you take with you to the Canadian embassy
in Santo Domingo, they solve every thing by the window I have enough prove about it, the people at that embassy speak very good English/French but have horrible services,

look at in this way:

if you are Canadian try to don't fall in love with a DR girl. never try to invite a hard worker Dominican to come to Canada. Probably you are thinking "This guy is fustrated because he got refused many time"

None embassy have right to choose who you love the best thing
to get Dominican people is at the interview not just reading papers. try to find out how many Dominican apply for a visa and how many get them.

see ya

islandbreeze

Jul 5, 2003
ronnyalex ...

I posted on Canadian Immigration Law and its application process, a subject which I have professional credentials ....

I said nothing of "falling in love" with anyone and the other comments made in you post.

IB

ronnyalex

Nov 11, 2003
The best for you

I'm sorry, IB

any ways have a good luck with the entire proces,
try to get in touch with the user to ricktoronto he may know
more information.

Take care + good luck,

ra