Jewelry

peggels

Oct 14, 2003
My fiancee and I just got engaged on Friday and we are heading to Punta Cana this Saturday. I have heard that it is not safe to bring my jewelry with me. Have you been to Punta Cana before - Did you bring your jewelry?

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Ask if your hotel has safe deposit boxes in the rooms - most major resorts have them - just don't lose the key ! Wearing your jewellry out for dinner, dancing and sightseeing isn't a problem but like Escott said - you don't need to wear anything at the beach. Just don't leave anything lying around your hotel room - and that goes for any hotel in any city in the world.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
I suspect that you are more concerned about your new engagement ring than any other jewellery you might be bringing. I would not worry about it with this sole exception. Make sure it fits well. I have noticed in the past that my hands swell from the heat and humidity while in the DR, but this does not mean that you can't lose it while swimming, with all of that sunscreen on your hands. I have seen it happen. Believe it or not, the lady lost a 1 ct. diamond engagement ring, and her husband found it again while snorkelling. really.

Enjoy this special time of our life and wear your ring with pride. JUST MAKE SURE IT FITS,

and have a great time. I know you will.

Rose

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Escott has the right idea, best to leave your jewelry home in a safe secure place. You will have peace of mind. Why occupy your time in Punta Cana worrying about it if you bring it with you. Focus on your real jewel.

If you want to look good at the beach and resort get some great costume jewerly for the occasion and pretend it is the real thing. Nobody but you and your fiancee is going to know its true value. Regards, PJT

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
costume jewelry?

PJT said:
Escott has the right idea, best to leave your jewelry home in a safe secure place. You will have peace of mind. Why occupy your time in Punta Cana worrying about it if you bring it with you. Focus on your real jewel.

If you want to look good at the beach and resort get some great costume jewerly for the occasion and pretend it is the real thing. Nobody but you and your fiancee is going to know its true value. Regards, PJT

Por favor! is either the real thing or nada!

Believe me, it w/b fine, just make sure you have it secure and don't wear your engagement ring while in the water.