I wish to move to the DR

beckham7

Oct 15, 2003
www.sillyproducts.com
HI,

Being Canadian and sick of this place ,well I would like to move to the Dominican Republic.
I have an 8yo child and would like to find a reasonable house or apartement (3 rooms),in a nice neighbourhood...I need internet and satellite TV
Anyone with an offerplease contact me at pierre472@sympatico.ca

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Go For It!!

Hey man, you want to move here, then do it!. Many of the people on this board are transplants from many different places (Canada included).
I would suggest you visit at least once before you move here, get you apartment sorted out and school for the little one ..... your residency and so on and so forth.
There is no shortage of renters here so I think it may be wise for you to maybe contact people who are offering houses/apartments instead of asking them to contact you .... but that's just my outlook.

Stay well,
Amy

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bad Move

I am assuming a lot. But the context of your post tells a lot. Its not that you like the D.R. it is only an escape for you because you are "sick of this place", Canada. That is not a very good reason to pull up stakes and move into the unknown.

If you have not been to the D.R. before, do not even consider the move, you leap from the frying pan into the fire. Think of the child, especially at his/her age. The child's development will be hindered in the D.R., will have more opportunity for growth and services in Canada. Don't do anything rash, rethink what you are planning. See the link to the following post as an example. I wish you good luck, whatever you decide. Regards, PJT

DR1 - The Mainers

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23252&highlight=returning

Last edited:

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
beckham7 said:
HI, Being Canadian and sick of this place ,well I would like to move to the Dominican Republic......Anyone with an offer please contact me at.....[/email]
Am I reading too much between the lines, but are you asking someone to take you in as it were -- referring to the "offer". Anyway, how could anyone be sick of Vancouver?

Best, P

beckham7

Oct 15, 2003
www.sillyproducts.com
nah its not like that

I need to move and my 8yo daughter can be perfectly home schooled by me.
Being a self-employed and independant worker, all I need is an internet connection to make my $$.
I am stuck in Quebec City, where we barely get 2 months of summer, and as a child I lived in warm countries... heck I am Canadian ,yet I can't even skate!

Dec 9, 2002
If all you want is warm weather there are loads of other places that would be much easier to live in than the DR, especially with a young child. How does the child's mother feel about it?