AEROMAR should stop torture of innocent passengers

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Aeromar has gone too far, they should quit business, why do they sell unreal flights? They didn't operate today none of their 3 planned flights, this is outrageous. This airline must be prohibited, why passengers should suffer their ignorance, their unprofessional nature is a shame on DR. If they are wingless they should stop this circus.

Xpert

Oct 12, 2003
I agree with you, but if the top management does not have a clue to where the airline is going you can not expect more than the kaos there going to right know.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
BQ/EX

I am according with you guys, it is a shame not because the planes are grounded! no flights!

It is a shame for the passengers, i now it isnt easy but i also will never fly a airline that is struglying, by the way i am very happy with Aeromar not because the current suck situation.

Aeromar have done great job! i hope they will come back as a airline; Realibilty and keep the good in-flight service that Aeromar have.

Aeromar does a great job on high season, but low season is another problem i have heard they will continyue flying daily on New York flights, their is a lot of competency now is it time for keep service.

I am happy with Air Santo Domingo ok by the way a lot of experience of the former President of Dominicana de Aviacion he and they all are doing a great job! i am happy with Air Santo Domingo :)

Lan and Aerocontinente i hope they will go out service from SDQ

or they may fly to SDQ but on LIM-SDQ and SCL-SDQ but no MIA-SDQ or having as HUB to SDQ

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Samana i think you are on the right track not because of EX or BQ just because perhaps you are being a bit more realistic than before, now as far as flying a strugling crrier it may be ok as far as they keep schedule and above all i'de look very carefull at the maintenance aspect of that company because it's no secret that all carriers are strugling these times and no one here can dare say they wouln't fly UNITED which is a strgling carrier in bankrupcy.

As far As Aerocontinente ans Lan i hope the same that you do but perhaps for different reasons, there is no doubt that the moer carriers the better for the public which is being protected from the caws and the fangs of American Airlines, who has sucked the bllod out of this country for many years with not the best of inflight service however very good reliability. What i don't like about these LAN and AEROCONTINENTE is their certification process here in the DR which was outright corrupt and extremely biased towards screwing the national airline industry but that goes back to GUACANARIX and of course some cash for some local government officials also never hurts.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
National Airlines

It's really amazing how dominicans like to be torture. How many times a "National" airlines have open up and close miserably, leaving hundreds of passengers stranded. What happened to Dominicana, Queen Air, APA, Hispaniola, etc?? I used to give my full support on a dominican or national carrier, I experienced that, but at the end it was just a pipe dream. In this environment there is no current capacity for national airline anymore, that's in the past. We got our chance, we lost it. What is happening with Aeromar now? Even samana1 is admitting the problems.

Then talk about corruption in CAB, it has always happened...Do you think only foreign carriers grease the wheels on the CAB? Or let's look at the dominican carriers accumulating a hugh debt and still flying. Eli, in 1997, what happened when Air Santo Domingo was looking to start flying, who was blocking all the permits to start operation? You remember those emergency windows installed in the center of the fuselage? Who was behind it, and who was the only company to install it? So before trying to blame others on screwing the national airlines, look in your own shoes. We are always complaining that we never move fwd but reality is, that we are the only ones at fault.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
What are you kidding me? blocking to start what operation those guys were doomed from the begining and who do you think is going to stop the Rainieris,Ramon Prietos and the pepe Hidalgos in this country they get what they want, and as far as corruption i've said before and i'll say it again i guarantee you that any true Dominican carrier has gone through a more exhaustive certification process than any of the ------Dom's that are out there and believe me sir i've seen all of them.

As far as Emergency exits are concerned all carriers had to do them and they were given a time to comply, at the time ASD (which is not the current management) chose to do them right then and there at a cost well over the original quote "you explain that one to me" and perhaps that also has alot to do with the US$8 million lost by the spaniards whome put up all the monies to start that airline just so the locals here can play airline executives.

I mean be real 74 scheduled flights a day within the national territory is out right mad.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
santo you are correct and the only reason they are leased is because it has been imposed by the US authorities via the F.A.A. witj this cat 2* which we all know is to protect their own frailing industry.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
eli

You prove my point. Don't blame foreign carriers, when the same govt is the one trying to stir the pot. Look all the money wasted on getting the country out of Cat 2 and has never happened, look at all the money wasted by the govt and the CAB on other projects (like Higuero).

And if you remember, ASD was never to start as a domestic airline, but the crash on the 757 out of POP put a damper on the operation and the certificate of operation was bound to expire so they needed to start with something. 54 flights a day was a little too much but the Spaniards were at charge, after all they were the ones with the money.

The emergency exits was a requirement by the CAB with a deadline to all the airlines, it has to be done or everybody was bound to be shut down. Only one complied. Go figure.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Ive never said it any differently besides the fact that the foreing airlines get better brakes when it comes to cetification, and it was not 54 flights it was 74 and as far as a being a domestic carrier i don't think they were going to fly far on Lets which was what they purchased form AZTEC capital since its inception.

Again Emengency exits they were the first to comply well before the extention at a much higher price and i'll come out and say it "because there were many people on the take with that company since the start" but all the other companies complied i mean if it was such a great company why did the spaniards decide to sell well below what they had invested. It's not like them remember they have always come to this island to take never to give.

And please let's get back to the subject which is "The torture of innocent passengers"and not waste each others time with this nonsense.