Presa de Tavera/Lake near Santiago - what a nice suprise!

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
hi Everyone,

Just returned from checking our Presa de Tavera near Sabana Inglesia, just 20 minutes outside of Santiago. We had our little 5 person zodiac with a 30hp engine and I must say, that this lake was suprisingly big, beautiful, clean, hardlly any sign of trash, no music blasting, no hum of moto conchos, etc. It was a very nice getaway. If you go to the lake by Sabana Inglesia, you can find more private spots. If you go to it by the dam, there are lots of locals hanging out at the only road that takes you directly down to the water i.e. more noise but this part of the lake is bigger. Both places have nice, and have decent boat launch areas. I definitely recommend that you check this out for a nice daytime getaway, especially if you have a little boat, or kayak. It is nice to go to one of the little island outlets and have a picnic under a tree. Very tranquillo:)

marina
kitexcite
cabarete

cander0126

Jun 14, 2007
Pleased to read your comments on your visit to Presa de Tavera and Sabana Inglesia. I have Presa de Tavera and the Dominican Republic on my Google to keep current on events in the area. I workd on the dam at Tavera and the Powerhouse at Sabana Inglesia from March 1969 until October 1973. I drove the road from Santiago to Tavera many time. Again thank you for the comments you posted.

C

Chip00

I have asked local Dominicans about this lake as I live in Santiago and love to swim and they told me not to bother because the water "moves" a lot which insinuates that there are alligators!

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
prensa tavaras

Please Please Please say no more about this local spot. Sabana Iglesia and the area is strictly for locals and not much of a tourist spot. Last thing we need in my hometown is outside investment trying to spoil our beatiful land with tours. I am glad you enjoyed the sights and it is beautiful , but lets keep it to ourselves!!!!