taxi fare from POP airport to Puerto Plata & Sosua

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
Good people

what is the regular taxi fare from the POP airport to downtown Puerto Plata? and Sosua? I will be arriving on the 6th of Nov. and do not want to have any misunderstandings with a taxi driver. I speak semi-fluent Spanish so communication will be no problem. It is better that I know ahead of time what to expect. Thank you.

Ron

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
For Sosua, it went up from $12.00 to $15.00 with the devaluation of the peso. Depending on where you're staying, they might have a car that will pick you up at the airport.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Hey Ronks, I was about to ask the same question, when I noticed that Dale7 had a similar post. Someone said that $20 was the average fee for gringos. However, Dominicans can get away with $10.00 .

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
Thank you for your replies. My understanding is that the airport is only 10 minutes ride to downtown Puerto Plata or Sosua, since it is located between them. So if a foreigner (white) offers $10 the same rate that the Dominicans pay, the taxi drivers will refuse him? If so he must be one well-to-do taxi. I am sure that I do not take up any more space than a Dominican and do not wish to pay more. However I would aslo like to avoid getting into an unpleasant argument at the outset. For all you regulars who have been around, what do you pay? Thanks again for your input.

Ron

awl51

Apr 7, 2006
Does Caribe or Metro bus stop at POP?

One question I haven't seen covered - does the Caribe or Metro bus stop at POP airport, going in either direction? Or does it instead take another route entirely?