Swimming with Dolphins

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Hey there people!
As we are travelling this year with our two children, and our oldest daughter has expressed an interest in "swimming with the dolphins", we were trying to gain a little more insight to this subject.
We have had a couple of responses from other forums, and the last one mentioned that the park is only about 20 % complete, but still said that it was a great date.
If anyone has any additional information to pass on, it will be greatly appreciated, as usual.
Also, is it possible, or does anyone know, can you simply visit these parks with-out having to sing up to "swim" so to say?
Thanks again for your time.

Jimmy

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
hi Scoobster,
I did it with my family a few months ago (in June). It is really a once in a lifetime experience. Incredible great program to swim with the dolphins.
Back in June they were still building on another part of the park, what would get a jungle with tigers, etc. I don't know, if this is finished by now.
But even if there are still constructions going on, it won't bother your dolphin swim.
The dolphins are trained by professional trainers from California, the pools are huge, about 2.5 the size of the dolphin pools in Ocean World Miami. They take extreamly good care of the animals.
You and your children will love it.

Amanda Jade

Aug 2, 2003
Just out of curiousity...

Is there anywhere on the south coast or even the east coast where you can swim with dolphins?? I have never done it and would love to. I have heard something about a manatee park near the south coast, where you can swim with dolphins, but I'm not sure. I would appreciate any information, and does anyone know any prices?? Going to DR in December and would love to experience it!!

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
swimming with dolphins

Hi there,

Here is something that might help your quest.

There is a website about swimming with dolphins in Punta Cana, that's http://www.manatipark.com/eng/delfines.htm .
That is the only place that you can swim with dolphins so far.

There are a lot of humpback whales that come down to the north coast this time of time of year to calf and mate. It is quite a sight to see hundreds of whales from the airplane as you come in to Puerta Plata. There are two places where they congregate: 85 miles north of Puerta Plata, and in Samana Bay, where there is a whale santuary. Males weigh up to 100,000 pounds and can reach 50 feet in length.

Amanda Jade

Aug 2, 2003
Thank you very much for your reply sunnyvillas. The website was most helpful and also had prices, thanks again. I will definitely look into it, and will post a report, if I'm lucky enough to go and experience swimming with dolphins...!!

wilko2511

Oct 4, 2004
Dolphin swim...how much?

Hi

A group of us are going to DR (Sosua) in the middle of october and wondered if anybody could give us an insight as to what we can expect to pay to swim with the dolphins and sharks!! :laugh:

Also do uk tri band mobiles work in sosua?

many thanx

Tubbs

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Ocean World Adventure Park in Puerto Plata is 100% completed. Ocean World Marina is still under construction.

Swimming with Dolphins is US$145 ($120 swim/$25 admission). Advanced reservations required.

Dolphin Encounter is $100 ($75 encounter/$25 admission). This is not a swim program but interactions take place while standing in waist deep water on a special platform. Reservations usually not required.

Note: Admission to park $55 if you purchase admission only ($25 if purchased together with a swim/encounter. This includes bus transfers, lunch buffet, and snorkelling in our tropical reef pool).

Shark Encounter is $35 and can only be purchased inside the park. Also includes stingray program.

Also - Sea Lion Encounter, the no. 1 rated attraction by guests at Ocean World, is now offering $10 off for the low season until December 15th. Regular price is $80 ($55 SL Encounter and $25 admission).

If you do multiple programs, you pay admission only once.

See our web-site at www.ocean-world.info or e-mail me any questions stefanmeister@ocean-world.info

eva

Jun 12, 2002
Dolphin park in Bavaro

Can anyone give me information on a new Dolphin Park that is said to be near Hotel Barcelo Beach Resort in Punta Cana? I heard it's called "Dolphin-Island-Park" or so? Has anyone been there and can give me info on that park?
Thanks for reply to eva.schandl@aon.at

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Did the swim about a month ago. You take a boat from the beach to the fenced off area right in the beach. There is time for organized swimming with the dolphins, and then the groups (normally a family) gets free time for swimming with the dolphins. The dolphins are allowed to frolic with the tourists, or the dolphins to play with the people. During this time, the photographer on the deck shoots pictures of the participants.