lot's of rain in the next 24 hrs

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
I found this info in a Caribbean weather site (www.stormcarib.com). It looks like the rain and thunder we have right now will continue over the weekend.
Guess I will postphone my planned trip to Santiago one week.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF HISPANIOLA ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF CIRCULATION ABOVE THE SURFACE...AND THE SYSTEM MAY HAVE A SMALL SURFACE CIRCULATION AS WELL. PRESSURES ARE RELATIVELY HIGH AND UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT PARTICULARLY FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT.
NEVERTHELESS...THIS SYSTEM COULD BRING LOCALLY HEAVY RAINS TO PORTIONS OF HISPANIOLA OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS AND THESE RAINS COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.

This sounds like stay-at-home weather to me.

quaqualita

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Nah!

That's go swim in the swimmin' hole weather! Last one in's a rotten Dominican!

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
Satellite photos show most of the rain moving off the North Coast already at 10:00PM. I wouldn't mind another day or two of rain, though, so we'll see.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Wonderful, so in order to escape earthquakes and lightning I need to drive with my wounded car through rain storms and mudslides from PoP to SD tomorrow.

Would a bus be a better or worse solution? I gotta fly out Sunday morning, was thinking about heading south sat. afternoon.

Last week blew 2nd engine on 2000 Mitsubishi Montero (overheated, cracked head, or something equivalent, without warning a 2nd time - thanks Ochoa-Santiago). Back up car gets flats.