Daylight Savings & Hippo's Regime

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Do you residents of DR remeber back in 2000 when Hippo thought he would move the clocks back with the rest of North America? My wife - a long time PRD supporter and now very disappointed in what has happened with the Hippo administration - put it best when she said that his vision of how to govern was so flawed that we all should have seen it 3 years ago. Imagine, in a country where electric clock salesmen dare not tread - because the electricity goes off so much - Hippo really thought that his citizens - even those in the country - could keep track of going back one hour in the fall and going forward in the spring?!!! I remember how crazy it was. i would go to the hardware store at the "new" 11 a.m. and it would be closing because they were on the old time and were not aware of the changes. Some stores would be open at 11 a.m. and others would be closed. So after a few weeks, Hippo soon ended that stupidity, but as you can see, he didn't even have good judgment and insight into his own people to realize that it would be a senseless and confusing move. He's doing the same now with his Gulliveresque, myopic politicking - he doesn't see the writing on the wall.

Remember, don't turn your clocks back tonight down there even though hippo is trying to turn the clock back by running again.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Oh, I dunno.

After spending the day in the dark trying to rely on electricity from EdeNorte while my generator was down I realized that I think he succeeded quite well.

He managed not to have the DR set the clocks back by an hour. But by something more like 800 years and 1 hour. Welcome to the 13th century and the middle ages, courtesy of ol' Baldy! It's twelve frickin' oh-three here!

Maybe we can get Leonel to set the clocks back to the 21st century again next spring? Whaddya say?

Tom (aka XR)