Help with getting to Barcelo Bahoruco in Barahona

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hey folks.

I did a search on here and did not find anything on how to get to this hotel. I'll be visiting soon and would like to know if Caribe Tours or Metro go there. And how do I do it from Santiago.

Muchas gracias.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Neither Metro or Caribe tours go there........

.....you will need to drive.....one of my absolute least favorite "resorts" in the DR....but when you are doing business out in Cabo Rojo, it then becomes a HIGHLY viable alternative.

Good luck. Dave

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Dave...

Thanks for the reply man. Do you by any chance know if Caribe Tours or Metro go any town that might be near by? Then from there perhaps I can catch a taxi.

carolinet

Oct 21, 2003
Hi El Tigre,

I realise you've probably gone and come back at this stage but, just in case (and for others going there). The Bahoruco is easy to get to once you manage to get to Barahona (and you have a car). If you're coming from the Azua side you just go straight through the town and follow the windy (but good) road all the way to the hotel (about 10-15 minutes' drive). You'll see a sign for the resort and you turn left, drive through a little village (very Dominican - everyone will be staring at you out of interest. We stopped there to play pool and they were all lovely. It helps to be with Dominicans though, as we were). The hotel is almost immediately after the village on your left.

If you've already been there, I hope you enjoyed it!!

Saludos,
Carolinea;)

hoypinoy1234

Feb 16, 2004
Hi, any answer on this? I'm going the same route in a few days and I need a way to get there. How much would a taxi cost versus Caribe Tours? Will Caribe Tours drop me off at the resort or will I need to take a taxi from Barahona to Bahoruco? Thanks!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
You will need to take a taxi from Barahona ......

.....It will be about a 30 minute ride. Enjoy the area...San Raphael falls are great (just keep climbing). Great fish dinners on the beach. The hotel really is a "loser" though. They just don't get enough traffic to really to keep it "going" the way a newer hotel/resort should be run. I do understand there is discussion about reopening the Riviera Hotel in Barahona. I did not see it open when I was by there 3 weeks ago, but when it was open in the past it was my definite favorite in the area.

Suerte! Dave

Last edited: