can't decide on punta cana hotel for jan. vacation

acacia

Oct 28, 2003
I can't decide on which hotel to book for january vacation... if anybody has any ideas about the following 4 that would be great.. there will be myself, and husband and 8 yr old son travelling to PC...

1-LTI Beach Resort
2-Natura Park Eco Resort + Spa
3-Grand Flamenco Punta Cana by Occidental
4-Ocean Bavaro Spa + Beach Resort

Thanx again...:cool: :ermm:

diaz

Aug 7, 2003
Occidental What Flamenco?

I can tell you this, take Occidental Grand Flamenco off the list. I just got back from there about 3 weeks ago and all I can say is "WRONG." I had read a review from someone who stayed there and thought that perhaps they just had bad luck but not the case. Turned out it was just like they said. There was a 24 hour advance reservation for resteraunts that were terrible but of course you did have the option of the cow chow buffet which was just as bad but no reservation needed. Now if you have to iron your clothes, you better pack an iron because they won't give you one. If you want you can get dry cleaning service (24 hours in advance) and pay for it but other than that, you're wrinkled. Now if your room feels a bit warm, that's because the air isn't working properly. Surprise, surprise, happened to the person who wrote the review too. Ok, the telephone...didn't work half the time but after several calls to the front desk throughout the week, turned out alright.

I know it's not on the list but if you've never stayed at Melia Caribe Tropical...good god you're missing out. I have zero complaints about that place. Gorgeous and well deserving of the 5* rating. What you want when you want it and the place is huge. 2 resorts in one with trollies running on both sides. WORTH LOOKING INTO IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. I doubt anyone will disagree with me on this one.